1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion. Movie Theatre

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cesar123, Aug 13, 2015.

?

Your preference to film location

1. Movie Theatre

23 vote(s)
    53.5%
  2. Home

20 vote(s)
    46.5%
  1. Cesar123

Hey guys, I got asked this question yesterday and decided to share it with you guys.

Which would you prefer. Watching the latest cinema films in a movie theatre or from the comfort of your home ( Computer, Phone, Television ).

2. thepandaboss

Well, even though watching a movie's usually just a better experience for me in general at home (closed captioning, my own food, etc), I think there's something about organically experiencing a movie for the first time in a theater with other people that you can't really beat.

3. AlamoCity

I'm about to see Mission Impossible with my dad right now lol. I do prefer theaters but only for really big and good films.

4. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Movie definitely just watched U.N.C.L.E a few hours ago. Oddly we have TVs and a theater set at home but I never watch TV. I tend to watch movies alone (yeah sad :icon_sad:slight_smile: and usually do a marathon for a day usually 2-3 movies. Another odd thing I forget to bring my glasses 99% of the time and have to watch the films with my blurred vision.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really care about it either way. I'm not really a movie person and it's been years since I've been to one.

6. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I guess I like both, but watching movies at home isn't as fun if I'm not watching with family or friends.

7. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Home, because, simply put:

[​IMG]

+ It's cheaper.

8. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't care much for movie theaters. Too loud, and other people there can be annoying. Of course this means I don't necessarily get to see the movie as soon as it comes out, but that's never been much of a priority for me. At my parents' house, we have an elaborate home theater, and I'd much prefer to watch a movie there (and it can be with friends as well).

9. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

If I know I'll enjoy the movie, theatre all the way. If not, home, because I can always turn it off if I dont like it.

10. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I prefer watching movies at home but once in a while going to theatres with friends is fun! :slight_smile:

11. Gen

Gen

Every visit a movie theater is a test of my mental stability. The chewing. The mouth breathing. The unreasonably loud laughing. The sneezing. The coughing from uncovered mouths.

There are few times when I find first degree murder so tempting as within a full theater.

12. Acm

Acm Guest

Going to the movie theatre is fun but I always get annoyed at people talking and eating loudly so I prefer watching at home.

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Home, most likely.

The one thing that is hard to replicate at home though, is the spontaneous remarks and laughter that tend to come in a packed theater. Often times those have enhanced my movie-going experience. I also like that jolt of positive energy that occurs when folks are laughing. You can talk and laugh at home, yes, but you're limited to your viewing circle.

And there is always somebody with that hyena laugh. Just listening to the different types of laughter is fascinating to me, but then again I'm kind of weird... LOL.

15. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer a theater, but see most films at home, as my tastes tend to be almost exclusively foreign, indie and classic films; I'm not at all a fan of Hollywood blockbusters and action films. So mostly, I watch things via DVD or streaming.

There's something about how a good film is visually composed for a large screen that you lose at home. There's a theatre, fortunately, several blocks away that shoes indie/foreign films, and also has special nights where they show older classics, and it's always fun to go there, and the crowd is never really annoying.

Plus, it's attached to a nice Tapas restaurant bar, so you have a nice little snack and a good glass of wine before or after, for a reasonable price. Last time I think I has a glass of a Spanish white and a small plate of calamari, for what popcorn and soda might have cost. So I like that place, but most theaters, nope, just not my thing.

#15 HuskyPup, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  16. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It depends. If the movie is funny or exiting, I prefer movie theaters. But, the dark often makes me fall asleep, so I often prefer to watch movies at home with one or more friends to have someone to distract me from falling asleep. And also so I can take breaks or have a cig whenever I want.

I think most movies are more enjoyable when I share them with someone than if I watch them alone ^_^

17. kyoujin

I chose the cinema for only the environment. The large screen and sound system is quite pleasant.

But I do not watch new and/or over-popular movies, so I do not go to the cinema.

18. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's fun in movie theaters sometimes, but I prefer home because people.

19. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess I'd vote for home. Part of this is practical: DVD for free from the library vs. paying $10 or whatever to go to the movie theater. But I also really not liked any movie theaters I've been in. Plus I like the control I have at home--I can easily pause, rewatch part of the movie, or skip part of it.

What I don't like about home viewing are those anti-piracy warnings, and the "previews" of other DVDs. I remember one DVD was so locked down it was impossible to skip those previews. I actually ended up turning the TV off, sound down, and left the player playing until I thought the previews had to be over.

20. kyoujin

I agree with this.
    And I want to go to that theater!