1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Recap 2008

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Dec 28, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This was the first Christmas that Adam's partner spent with us. I was a little worried about how it was all going to go down. We had some kind of family time (dinners) with my family everyday while the boys were here. My Dad totally amazed me! He went over the top to make Michael feel welcome. He talked to him, made sure he felt comfortable, ect. I was sitting there thinking "is this my Dad or has another soul taken over his body?" :roflmao:

On Christmas Eve my 16 year old nephew and his girlfriend couldn't keep their hands off of each other. They kept kissing and rubbing each others legs. That made my Dad way more uncomfortable than the gay guys. :icon_bigg

Then on Christmas day we went to my in-laws, the fundamentalist Christians. Everybody was nice there too. We included Michael in all our family pictures which I've posted in my profile. My father-in-law even told Michael to take care of "our Adam" when we were leaving. He is hard-core right wing.

I never believed this would happen when Adam first came out. We all went to see Milk on Friday. I have to say Harvey was right when he said that every gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender person has to come out. It is only through living your lives openly and honestly that people overcome their biases and beliefs about you all.

So there you have it, a success story. :grin:

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww, that's amazing. Sounds like a fantabulous end to the year. :grin:

3. Mickey

I love positive stories like this. Adam is a lucky guy to have such a great family.
    Becky,I wish more moms were like you. (my mom is,so I'm lucky,too ).
    I think if they could sit down and talk to someone like you,they would see
    that having a gay/lesbian child wasn't nearly as bad as they thought.
    I sincerely give you all the credit in the world. The world could use many more moms,like you.

4. EM68

That's awesome Becky! I am so glad that Adam and Micheal felt welcome! Stories like this give me hope and inspiration to come out to my family and be open with them.

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It definitely sounds like you had an awesome Christmas Becky. Glad everything went so well for you. :slight_smile:

6. starfish

That is a great story.

Stories like this give me hope also.

About your in-laws. That is great to hear. It is also the good Christian thing for them to do. After all I don't think there is much doubt about what Jesus would have done.

7. Nixon

good

I didn't like milk though
    The Wrestler is a lot better

8. Seanboy23

That's amazing, Becky! I'm so happy for you and your son, and your whole family!

I went to my boyfriend's mom's house for Christmas; it's the first time he's ever brought a boy home for any sort of family event. It was very relaxed and I felt comfortable there. I feel lucky, too, and happy for him that he has an accepting family.

Ha ha ha... later that evening after we'd left, my bf revealed to me that it was the first time ever that he's introduced anyone as his "boyfriend", and that I was an unwitting participant in him finally, truly outing himself to his stepdad!!

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's great! I'm glad it went well for you too. I probably would have gone ballistic if anybody had treated Michael bad. :grin:

10. AeonToy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i'm a little bit jealous of your families... i would never ever expect the same treatment from mine