1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How far would you go?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LogicNoSense, Aug 14, 2015.

?

How far would you change yourself?

1. As much as they would want me to

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. It depends

56 vote(s)
    63.6%
  3. I would never change anything about myself

29 vote(s)
    33.0%
  1. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In a relationship-a long time, serious relationship-how far would you go to suit your partner? Especially in major/extreme cases, such as changing your entire personality for them. A woman removed her ribs, for example.

How far would you go, and why?

2. Yosia

If they truly loved me then they'd be loving who I was. Why would i then change that?

3. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Physically - nope.
    Character - if he showed me how I had a bad/negative part of my thinking or character, of course I'd change that (but I guess that wouldn't just be for his sake).

Obviously, I'd respect him and what he was a part of and adapt to that.

#3 Connorcode, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
  4. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd change certain things. I wouldn't go so far as to remove ribs but say I had a really messy house, if my partner asked me to, I'd clean up for them. If they were vegetarian and we moved in together, I'd probably go vegetarian too, out of respect. Say they had an allergy to my favorite food? I'd ditch it. Its okay to change stuff if it makes you a better person/makes you happy. Just try not to go over board with it.

5. kyoujin

I would never change myself for someone else, no matter how deeply I felt for them. And trust me, I have felt deeply for someone before.

You must accept me for who I am, and in turn I will love and accept you. If you require me to change something about myself, then you never loved me for who I am.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. candyjiru

I put "it depends" because sometimes I need a little prodding to do something new and I have some not-so-great qualities that I think would be good to change, so if my partner was nice about it and wanted to help me be the best me I could be, then, yes. If they wanted me to change my core values or cut my long, flowing, mane~~ no XD;;;

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, if my bf(or the off chance a gf) wants a small change in an annoying habit. We can certainly talk about that. I have flaws like anyone else, and I realize that I am far from perfect.

However, if he asks me to be a-hole to everyone. That isn't happening. Keep it moving.

Physical-Change of clothes? Yes. Tattoos? Nope. Piercings? Ears only and we best be engaged or married for that to happen.

9. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be reluctant to change anything about myself, except for major personality flaws like my tendency to lose it (which is something I've gotten significantly better at anyway).

I'll never understand people who say 'how high' when their partner says 'jump'. Really weak.

#9 imnotreallysure, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  10. Ryu

Ryu

Physical changes: hell no! I have another 67 years of my life (if people live to 80 on average) and I am not getting a tattoo or plastic surgery or piercing or whatever because somebody wanted me to! If I ever get a tattoo it'll be because I'm either drunk, drunk, or drunk
    Personality changes: again, hell no! I don't have a reason to justify this one, I just won't.

11. Gen

Gen

"It depends" was a tempting choice until I reread the question.
    Having someone open your eyes about certain aspects of your life or habits that could be improved is one thing, but you should never be altering any aspect of yourself simply for the sake of someone else. Unless of course, they are a dependent and you might have to change your career or lifestyle to care for them.

Otherwise, you should not be changing yourself to better fit into someone else's world. Other people can spark change within you, but it should fundamentally be change for the sake of your own improvement. Not change so that you may better compliment someone else's personalities, preferences, or lifestyle.

12. MetalRice

I would not change myself for any partner I had; they'd have to love me for me.

13. Van

Van

It depends!

I have a few annoying habits that I could work on and lose, if he wanted me to.

Peronality-wise - I don't worry about that, because my personality is basically awesome :slight_smile:p).

Physically-wise - now this is where I'm screwed. But I think that if he's able to look past my physical appearance, I'm pretty sure he'll be very happy with me and wouldn't want me to change much. :grin:

(I don't know, it's just guessing.)

14. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It definitely depends. I would be willing to try modifying my negative qualities if I was madly in love but not if I was just casually dating someone.

15. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that everyone has to adjust their personality a little bit if they're in a relationship: it's called compromise! :slight_smile: However, that change should come from you, not because you feel pressured by your partner. It should also be a two way street.

16. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If it was a bad trait, lazy trait or something almost effortless to change then I would :slight_smile:

17. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think I would. If it came naturally to change some aspects of my life/habits/etc well yes, but I wouldn't purposely change my personality or physical appearance to please anyone. Especially someone who is supposed to love me for who I am.

18. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

I don't think the relationship is really worth it id you had to change a thing about yourself. Sure it could inspire you to becone a better person but lets say, if your partner doesn't like your hobby, they still need to respect that.

19. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would be willing to fix annoying quirks or habits of mine that were bothering my partner. That is about it. I would not significantly change myself otherwise. And I certainly would never make any physical changes.

#19 Wallace N, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  20. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Damn, the rib thing sounds kinda extreme.

But other than that, I say what's the point of loving me if you can't accept me for who I am?

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2015 at 08:19 PM ----------

Took the words right outta my mouth! :eusa_clap