1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Identity - one of the many mysteries of life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RosexBud, Aug 14, 2015.

1. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Gemder identity is a pretty interesting thing. There's SO much out there I don't think I even know them all to begin with. :confused:

When it comes to me, I'm still pondering what I'd be. I do actually feel feminine to a degree so I don't really mind with the feminine pronouns. But I can't see myself being called male ones.

As far as clothing tastes and makeup, currently I don't really have much to really express myself with until I start earning my own money. But other than that, I'd really love to experiment with different things with makeup. It just really fascinates me! ^.^

Clothing wise, if it looks good on me and I like it, I'll get it. Heck I've had to go through this section of the mall with male clothing in order to get to the other stores and I wouldn't mind wearing some of those shirts in there (especially plaid shirts oh my GOD.❤ I need one in my LIFE.) but the shoes, I'm not really feeling 'em. XD I guess it just depends on what it is and I guess I tend to combine male and female clothing items or at least make up outfits in my head.. Like for example if I were to wear a tux, it'd be you know, the regular 'ol tux top but then maybe like shorts as the bottom or something if that makes sense. Something that more suits my figure. And I'd have the most SASSIEST tie out of ALL the best men in my wedding!! ~*

overall, my sense of style clothing-wise has changed DRASTICALLY over the years from many different things. Like when I was around 13-15 I was more childish like and colorful, basically scene-ish I guess to put it that way. XD I've totally outgrown that, but I don't mind a cute graphic tee once and a while. And I remember I also had what I call a pastel phase where all I liked were pastel colors. :lol: and I actually still do like pastel but definitely not as much as I did back then! My style currently? I don't even fuckin' know. Its like a mix of stuff xD Oh and off topic from what I'm talking about, but does anyone else think goth-style/more dark style clothing is appealing? Ive grown more interest in it as well. Its just really interesting to me. Especially their makeup styles as well! C:

When it comes to my hair, I actually want to cut it to something like a pixie cut. Although I'm really nervous on whether it'd look good on me or not ;-; (and I've had a bad experience with other people cutting my hair at hair salons so...I'm hesitant at trusting others with mah hair. ._. ) It's surprising because I used to NEVER want to cut my hair at all. My main goal was to at least grow it down to my belly button, but I guess not anymore. :b

And I guess the last thing I'll mention is relationship wise. When it comes to the future partner, in addition with my sexuality, the persons biological sex and gender identity doesnt determine whether I love someone or not. It doesn't affect my love for that person if that makes sense? Its hard to explain, sorry. :eusa_doh: :icon_redf But anyways, I guess if that person identified as a girl in however way, I'd feel I think more protectiveness (in a good way) in the relationship like a guy would with his girl..? Like I won't stand other people messing with her in public, don't want her to get hurt whether it be physically or emotionally, etc. Like this sort of affection I'd have, it'd just sort of feel like its coming from a masculine part of me. Although I think ANYONE could feel that way with their partner, that feeling just comes out masculine to me. On the other side of the emotions, I can also feel feminine as well. The playful feminine side if you will. A lot more lighter, playful, sweet sort of feeling. Actually, I wouldn't just apply these emotions to ONLY those who identify as girls. It could be anyone in terms of my future partner, really. Even gender queer/ agender and many others. I just think that if I were to fall in love with one who identifies as a girl, more of the masculine emotion that I mentioned earlier mentioned would appear. Sorry if this was really confusing! It's just hard to pin point for me exactly what this is..

So what are your thoughts on this? Anyone feel the same way? I'd love to hear it. :thumbsup:

2. MetalRice

I feel significantly feminine in many regards, and clearly know I have dysphoria regarding the entirety of my body and that I want to fully transition; but I admit that I don't really mind many of my "male" clothes all that much.

3. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So cool that you want to fully transition! I wish you best of luck and hope it all goes well and by the time all is done, you'll finally be free of those chains holding you back from being happy and loving yourself! ^.^ ❤ (*hug*)

4. MetalRice

Thanks, that's sweet of you to say *hug*

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Primarily, gender is a feeling, that goes beyond masculinity or femininity, for me.

But if I am to say something more theroretical and abstract, I would say; gender isn't what you like to do i.e. what clothes you like to wear. It isn't the qualities you possess e.g. submissiveness/dominantness. It isn't even the gendered energy you feel, i.e. feeling feminine or masculine. It's more about the very essence of who you are, deep down, and how you'd like to be perceived by others. That's for gender itself, then there's of course gender expression, which is another chapter. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hope that's of any use :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: peace V