1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tons of flags and symbols

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunshinebi, Aug 15, 2015.

1. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure all of us know the rainbow standard which is considered the basic gay pride flag and sort of umbrellas anything not straight. But I personally had no clue that every single group has their own symbols. The only one I knew was the bisexual gender knot. But anyway, when I say every group I mean every single one.

Lesbian, Gay, Gender queer, Gender fluid, Genderless, Gynesexual, Bisexual, Bigender, Transexual, Transgender, Transvestite, Two-Spirited, Transitioning, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Agender, Ally, Androgenous, Androsexual, Pansexual, Pangender, Omnisexual, Omnigender, Demi sexual, Straight, Skoliosexual, Cisgender, Third-Gender, Boydyke. (Boydyke is a thing. I checked. Although it does seem mostly frowned upon.)

I'm simply amazed by the extensiveness of it all. But I guess the essential question here is: Do you know your flag?

Here's mine. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexual_pride_flag#/media/File:Bi_flag.svg

2. stimpacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know my flag... there are way too many labels. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing

3. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was not aware there were so many and I have no idea if there exists a specific male homosexual flag separate from the general gay pride one, but if a group wants a flag, then more power to them.

4. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

As an object sexual, I know my pride symbol. It is the image of a red fence.

[​IMG]

5. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I honestly think there's too many flags... and labels. I've even started seeing some LGBT related sites posting fetish flags (like the fat fetish flag or slave/master pride flag. yes, they exist). But to be more on topic:

I don't think there is an official "gay-male pride flag" (surprisingly), as the rainbow flag is the one that is broad enough to represent the LGBT+ community.

6. Acm

Acm Guest

Well pretty much anyone with MS Paint can draw a flag and put it on the internet so there's a ton. I can't keep them all straight, but I know the rainbow flag and the transgender flag.

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They don't bother me, though I don't have any flags, of any sort, now that I think of it. But if somebody is proud of whatever aspect of their sexuality or preferences, more power to them, even if it might strike some people as unusual.

8. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I saw the leather flag during my research. And the one that's the plain rainbow but with a black stripe instead of a purple one. Not sure if they mean the same thing though.

9. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've actually forgotten what the flag and symbol for Panssexuality looks like. When I last checked, the Greek god Pan wasn't even apart of the symbol! The fact that we don't use Pan as our mascot is unbelievable. :bang:

Do Androgynes even have a flag, or is it considered as falling under the flag for genderqueers?

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love the bisexual pride flag because it has 2 of my 3 favourite colours