1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the Love of Shopping

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by randomconnorcon, Aug 16, 2015.

1. randomconnorcon

It depends on who I'm with and what we're going out for, but sometimes I really love to shop. I don't know about other countries, but England has a chain of clothes stores called Primark. I could spend ages in their primarily men's section (while occasionally moving toward the pajama section for Harry Potter). I was in there today and I just wanted to buy everything. It sucks that I don't have the money to, but I will find a way to get everything I want.

Does anyone else have a shop or a section of a shop they just love?

2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't say I like shopping for the sake of it, but I do enjoy buying new clothes and shoes. Whenever I buy something new, I just want to wear it all the time.

I don't care for Primark though - well, some things are alright, but you need to be careful because the quality varies greatly. I bought a pair of shoes from there once and they literally fell to bits within a year. Personally, I prefer River Island and Topman. I swear 90% of my clothes are from there.

#2 imnotreallysure, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  3. randomconnorcon

No, not the shoes. I never buy shoes from Primark. But I love the shirts and the band/fandom t-shirts. They've lasted me a long time.

Topman is great, but sometimes out of my price range sadly. As is River Island, though I only shop there with my mum.

Shopping just to shop I never do. I always need stuff when I go. But actually being able to buy things is so nice. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#3 randomconnorcon, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  4. Cedar

I honestly don't like shopping for clothes. The newest piece of clothing that I have is two years old. I do love shopping for books.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same! But I really should go because Im getting embarrassingly low on decent clothes :$

6. randomconnorcon

Shopping for books totally counts and beats shopping for clothes every time.

Damn. This no money situation sucks.

7. Cedar

I know what you mean :lol:...

8. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love shopping. There are two main types of items that I enjoy buying: clothes and electronics.

I could spend all day in a mall, looking at clothes. Often I am by myself because the people I shop with generally would rather get out earlier than I would. But I love trying on new clothes and coming home with bags of new stuff. (I don't hoard--I am constantly donating and selling old clothes I no longer wear on eBay).

I even like to browse without purchasing sometimes, just to see what's out there. This applies especially to my love of buying electronics, since in reality, I don't buy new phones, cameras, or tablets very often, but I sure like to look at them in stores. My local camera store is one of my favorite places to be--the employees know me and will willingly take a camera out for me, even if they know I'm not in the market for a new one.

9. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OMG if shopping was a sport I'd be one of those athletes running the track field. :eusa_danc

Well in my case I mix high-end with some mid-range clothing as well as fast fashion:

Top 3 Mid/Fast Fashion:
    (1) Zara--- you can never go wrong with Zara
    (2) Ben Sherman
    (3) Farah Vintage

Top 3 High End:
    (1) Givenchy--- I love their edgy designs. And the Iconic Prints by Riccardo Tisci.
    (2) Balenciaga
    (3) Fendi--- I love the signature Monster line. Plus the champagne they serve you while you shop doesn't hurt.

10. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love garage sales for buying clothes here. There, I think you guys call them boot sales, but I know they aren't all that common.

11. Justinian20

I love shopping especially by myself, It is really great buying new clothes. I love it and I might buy entire shops worth of clothes if I had a chance. Yes, I love shopping for clothes, but if I'm with someone I just get a little bored, cause they usually just look for clothes all the time and I know what looks good on me like straight away.

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2015 at 12:45 PM ----------

I shop at mid and fast fashion shops like factorie and Myer.

12. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

Same here, book shopping more rewarding that clothes shopping.

13. Burnedcloset

I always feel bad shopping even though I love it. And I never get to the mall. I only ever get to the mall when I'm getting ready for a vacation to califonia.

14. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I only shop once a year, but i do visit the mall regularly at least once a month. Just for window shopping but not actually buying anything :lol:

Casual Shirts : Topman, Zara, Burberry, Lacoste, Massimo Dutti or Fred Perry

Denim : Nudie Jeans, Levis, Lee Cooper

Jackets : Zara, Topman, Hugo Boss

T-Shirts: UNIQLO, Nike, Adidas, Rebook, Hurley, Quiksilver or Rusty

Sneakers : Converse or Nike

Formal Shoes : Bally

Boots : Official Military Issued by Army or Dr. Martens

Bags : Thule or Bally

No high end stuff on my closet except probably my wrist watch

15. Cornered

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    True that, friendy! Books galore XD
    And video games XD

I hate shopping for clothes XP

16. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    Half Price Books for well, half price books..Gamestop for video games..and uh..I don't remember the name, but they had thigh high boots..and lots of boots there.

17. ouji

ouji Guest

Yes, I love shopping. My favourite all time designer is Kikirara Shoten. She has a shop in Tokyo, but also an online website. Her items are all exoensive, very high quality, one of a kind items. I own a few of her things, and I am obsessed with her designs. They are all kind of strange, and out there. Things you usually wouldn't expect to wear. Medieval neck corsets, ruffly neck collars, poofy old time dresses, top hats, fluffy monster bags, checkered knickers, bonnets, corsets designed to look like goldfish, creepy hats with cages, and so on. Her designs are truly one of a kind, and pure art.

18. Crema

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When i lived in London i used to like Primark for the inexpensive tshirts and pjs as well! Now that i live in LA i'm a big sucker for Target nightwear department and for their socks!
    I also can't for the life of me resist Urban outfitters. I know it's bad, i know there's better, but i just can't help it. Their accessories in particular - omg. I think i might have their whole catalog in my wardrobe

19. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say that I'm like that in a store called gordmans I always find at least a couple things I have to have! But usually I don't have the extra money to spend which is why I try not to go there too much

20. guitar

If I'm in a CD/music store, I love shopping. Otherwise, nope :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: