1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your most beloved Childhood possesion...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GrimacingCynic, Aug 16, 2015.

1. GrimacingCynic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Say what your most cherished childhood possession was/is and why it means/meant so much to you. If applicable, how did you feel when you had to get rid of it, outgrew it, or lost it.
    For me it was my baby blanket. It was one of the few things my pops left me before he passed on when I was 3. At the age of 4 I began to hate god, whenever I was upset over his passing my mom would always say, "it was part of gods plan" or " god has a plan for all of his children". I thought , even at that age that any god who would take a loving father from his family was a monster. I would get mad at god for ruining my life and cry about it and would have to go to bed early because the crying would tire me out. And when my mom tucked me into bed with my baby blanket id feel like my dad was there too, keping me safe from all the things I was scared of with his love.

When I was in the second grade I came home to find my baby blanker wasn't on my bed. My mom had to throw it away because it had become too tattered ove the years. I cried for hours knowing that a special part of me was gone. A special part of my dad was gone...

2. MetalRice

I haven't got rid of mine.... my stuffed rabbit, I still sleep with him today. *embarrassed face*

Yeah, a 17 year old sleeping with a stuffed animal, weird.

3. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Not weird at all. :slight_smile:
    I'm 25, and I still sleep with a stuffed monkey I got when I was nine.
    It's only this past year I've been able to sleep without hugging something (stuffed animal or pillow), but I still fall asleep faster if the monkey or my stuffed bear is there with me.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

Probably my stuffed cat that I used to carry everywhere with me.

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My Care Bear stuffed animals.

I still sleep with them...

6. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Personally, My most beloved childhood possession I have is the one I am in love with: my doll. Although I only found it a few years ago, I consider my early teens to still be part of my childhood (I need to explain that I'm an avid collector of plush toys, which is why I still collect them as a teenager). I don't know why or how it happened, but for some reason, I grew to be very passionate and affectionate to this doll, and "she" makes me feel very good, not only about myself, but about my life in general. My life was nothing but a dark void before I grew to love the doll, and when I started to love it, It brought a feeling of warmth and hope into my life, creating a sort of light that illuminated the void. I began to start feeling very happy the more and more I fell in love with "her". Out of everything and everyone in my life, "she" is most precious to me. I love the way there are imperfections in the fabric of the doll that make it look like she's always smiling at me with those big, sad, puppy dog eyes, as if "she's" really trying to tell me with the look on "her" face, "I love you". This is why this doll is my most precious possession, childhood or otherwise.

7. KayJay

I sleep with a stuffed monkey and I'm 23! I got it right before I was being taken in for oral surgery. My mom got it to calm me down. You're not weird, I'd say it's actually on the normal side. A lot of people find comfort in stuffed animals. Heck I have 4 on my bed and they all have names!

While my stuffed monkey could take the crown for most beloved childhood possesion, mine is definitely the pink blanket I was given when I was born. It was from my grandmother, if I remember correctly. Apparently the doctors said I was a girl so my grandmother got a pink blanket for me before I was born. Eventually I came into the world and I wasn't female but they still used the blanket anyways. I slept with it every night until I was about 10 or 11, I never really gave it much of a thought about it being pink. My dad told me the story of why it was pink when I asked and it made sense to me.

I still have the blanket today. It's in my closet and sometimes I take it out when I'm feeling a bit down, it still gives me comfort even though I'm pretty old for a baby blanket. It has been patched up a few times by my mother with her sewing machine when I was younger, it just has so much history and significance. It was especially comforting to know at one point in time my parents were expecting a baby girl, perhaps I was supposed to be born female but something flubbed up in the womb.

I really appreciate this thread. Definitely made me recall some good memories!

8. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was a kid I had a well-kept PS2 with a ton of games, because back when my rich dad still talked to me, he used to get me loads of games for the thing every birthday. I really didn't do much else at that age.

It eventually got messed up several years later around age 12, and I discovered the internet. I was an immature brat in the youtube comments section afterwards. It probably would have been best if the PS2 didn't break, and I matured offline. :lol:

9. MetalRice

So it's really not all that weird? phew, I thought I was a strange freak or something for still sleeping with my stuffed rabbit; guess it's not as bad as I thought through.

10. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i had a stuffed pig and a skull used for facial reconstruction i still sleep with

11. leftindust

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was born, one of the gifts my family recieved was this basket which had two bunnies in. on the basket you could put a key in and turn it and the rabbits would move and this tune would play. for as long as I can remember, we havent had the key. to hear the music you have to gentle move the bunnies head around to make the music happen.

I still have it, means the world to me.

12. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My baby blanket. I'm pretty sure it's had several different kinds of fluids spilt on it as well as many different sloppy foods and probably a bit of puke... and somehow it's still with me now... and looking pretty clean too.

I'm the kimd of person who makes very strong attachments to objects though, like they're people, so throwing away anything makes me feel pretty sad, especially if I have lots of memories with it.

I remember once when I was very little, I Ieft one of my cuddly toys in the town centre, after searching frantically all over town for it, I finally found this old man sitting with it as if he was guarding it. When I went up to him, he told me he'd looked after it in case I came back and passed it to me. I'll never foget that awesome old man. I just wish I could have told him how much it meant to me at the time.

#12 Nekobi, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  13. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A small stuffed bear (not a teddy, but a "realistic" bear, on 4 paws)...named "Bear" (yeah...that reflects how old I was when I got him *smile*). My parents got him for me when they took a vacation in New Hampshire when I was young enough to name a bear "Bear". I think that was a big part of why he was so special...he reminded me of getting my parents back after what felt like ages (but was probably at most a long weekend).

Bear was the first in a long string of stuffed animals that I kept in my room until about 10 years ago, when my parents moved to a new house. I think Bear may have been one of the few I took to college with me. But I didn't take him when I moved out of the house. It was a comfortable enough parting when the time came. We knew we still loved each other...but just needed to move on.

14. kodakske

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the gifts my parents got when I was born was the stuffed animal Dopey from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. I couldn't sleep without it, it was just my favorite thing in the world. Obviously it went everywhere with me. It's still in my bedroom and when I'm sad I just hold it for a while like I used to do when I was a kid. Ah great memories, Dopey and me :slight_smile:

15. thepandaboss

[​IMG]

^ That.

Alright, alright. I guess as far as childhood possessions... I had a bunch of Pokemon collectibles, plush and action figures. Always carted those around.

16. Ryu

Ryu

A tracy island playset.
    I don't really have many sentimental objects from when I was in my childhood, so I guess this.

#16 Ryu, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  17. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

[​IMG]
    Wow. That makes me feel sad. :,(​

18. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

A really soft teddy bear print blanket that I got for Christmas when I was around 5 years old, I gave it to my moms coworkers granddaughter when I was around 16 or 17 years old because it was getting old (starting to fall apart) and for some reason this little girl wanted it
    -. I was kind of sad about getting rid of it but was okay, I thought about it a lot before I gave it to her. I am still looking for one like it again if I can cause I loved it so much. :3

19. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I had this blanket that I used to sleep with when I was a child. Then I got another blanket, and I still have it today. No one can touch my blanket, and if someone does....I will yell at them from the top of my lungs. I also had this stuffed animal that was this cute lamb called "LambyPie". I still have her, but she creeps me out now.

20. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    first ever childhood possession?
    my baby gold ring given by my grandfather the day i was born. It have an engraving written in Hanacaraka / Traditional Javanese Writing, which translated as "chief" or "leader" on the inner surface. I still have that ring :grin:

unfortunately i cant use them anymore, my hands are way too big to fit that baby sized ring:lol:

Between 23 grandsons/daughter my grandparents have, only me and my brother were given a baby ring. my brother's ring is identical but different engraving, his engraving says "guardian" or "protector".