1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips for hair growth?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rudysteiner, Aug 16, 2015.

1. rudysteiner

Hey everyone,

I've always had short hair, right now it's about centimetre length, and my hair is very thick and dark. When I go to the barbers, about every 3/4 weeks, I get a 2 on top and 1 on the back and sides. I want to eventually get it to a comfortable length, and then dye it, but apparently I'd have to bleach it first, is that right? I'm not concerned with how long it takes to grow out, but I'd rather not look too scr/uffy while it's growing.

I want it just a bit shorter than this, not in this style though: [​IMG]

Does anyone have any tips for growing your hair?

Also, why can't I type 'scr/uffy' on this site without the slash?

Thank you!

2. Simple Thoughts

The only thing I can think of is instead of going to a barber go to a salon and talk to them. There are a few certain things they can do to shape your hair and help it grow the way you want it to.

A barber maybe could too, but barbers are generally focused on guys cuts and it's fairly uncommon for guys to request too much more than "Just cut it off or whatever"

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't want any spikes in your hair?

4. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

s*****y

shitty

shrifty

shriftly

swiftly

swankly

swankily

s*****y

snuffaluffagus

s*****aluffagus <--- replaced "n" with "cr"

I hope I don't get in trouble for trying this out (since the "bad" is already censored out) but it seems to censor only the offending word---in this case everything between the "s" and the "y". Why this particular combo of letters is censored but not the actual bad word on the list---dunno.

5. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't give you tips on growing your hair but I could definitely give you tips on hair dye whenever you need it! :slight_smile:

#5 Young Blood, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  6. AlamoCity

It's also the name of a dating app.

7. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

Ohhhhh. Well that explains that.

8. rudysteiner

I don't think I mentioned that I want blue hair, haha! Like a 'mint blue' colour I think. I will let you know, but my hair takes ages to grow!

9. candyjiru

Up your protein intake to help your hair grow~ whenever I force myself to eat more protein, my hair and nails grow a lot faster ^.^ For healthy hair, try some flax seeds or flax seed oil and make sure to condition so you don't get split ends (which causes more to be cut off when you go to the salon/barber shop) ^.^

10. rudysteiner

I've been eating tons of protein the past few months. Most of my whole diet consists of chicken, beef, lamb, salmon, eggs etc. and the only time I'm not getting any protein is when I'm eating pasta. Saying that, though, I used to get my hair cut about every 3/4 months, now it's every 3/4 weeks so it might not be getting a chance to grow out properly.

11. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well mine is blue and turquoise right now so definitely message me if you have questions! I'd be happy to help! :slight_smile:

12. Thedistra

Back when I had a mohawk I visited a forum with all sorts of people that had to tricks to growing their hair faster. They usually recommended Mane and tail shampoo, like the horse stuff. I never actually got around to trying it myself, but it seemed to work for them. Their hair certainly grew tons faster than mine ever has.

It's pretty cheap if you wanna try it.

#12 Thedistra, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  13. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I've heard that horse shampoo does help it grow but I've never used it personally. If I don't have color in my hair I like to use Head and Shoulders. It makes your hair really soft and it's quite lovely.

I bleached and dyed my head every three weeks for about a year and I've done pretty much every color. If your hair is dark you will need to bleach it, maybe several times before you put color on it depending on which you want to do. Instead of getting a one or a two, just tell them you're trying to grow it out, maybe take some pictures on your phone with you so you can show them.

I would warn you though, that blue and green hair dye takes ages to come out. I had blue hair for a solid month and after bleaching it twice we could only turn it to a minty green, that we tried to put purple over, which then turned it to a dark gray. I was dealing with the fallout from the blue dye for what felt like forever before I could go to the other end of the spectrum. Also, the lighter the colors are the faster it will fade and the less you will want to wash it. You'll also need to get some color shampoo.

#13 Kidd, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015