1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for Turkish Highschool Students

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Frisk, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Frisk

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there :icon_bigg

I'm a 15 year student from Scotland, and recently our employment rates have been dropping by about 7% each year which is needless to say, bad.

The common consensus is that this is due to our exceedingly poor education system that is the cause of the extremely high number of high school drop outs. If you didn't already know, Scotland's education (as far as I know) as extremely poor and unhelpful. The students often harbor a superiority complex which cause many bad teacher - student relationships. The faculty are usually useless in the event of a mishap, for instance: For my third year choices, one of my subjects was music. But the deputy head put me in art for no discernable reason, and when I went to her to try and fix the issue she said I would have to change all of my subjects in order to emend her error. This was not an option as I had chosen my subjects in order to pursue a career in computer animation. She blamed me for the error and I have been forced to study art for year and for another year to come. Please don't reply to this saying "Art is good for you if you want to animate", because it really isn't. We do not get to pursue our own styles or work on projects that would help our work, and we have to do an atrociously large amount of work (4 essays, 4 powerpoints, four coloured paintings all to be done for a week).

But I have heard of another place where the grass is much much greener.
    I've been told (By my Turkish friend) that schools in Turkey work in a different way in that; The school in certain aspects is run by the students and that they make most of the decisions. I won't go anymore in depth as to what Turkish schools are apparently like, but my question for you is; Are Turkish high-schools pleasant? I've heard of very high success rates from Turkish schools, and i think my school could do with being run by the students.

Just a little question is all, yours truly - Gundam

2. Foz

Foz Guest

I love you and I'm glad you exist :lol: can I interest you in joining the Scottish Conservatives? :lol:

The 'free tuition fees' costs so much that the SNP has had to cut the primary and secondary budget along with 140,000 college places to pay for it.

3. Frisk

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm honestly oblivious to most things politics :grin:

But yes, if paying for school meant it would actually be decent then I would be throwing my money at them.