1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what r %'s of long held assumption about lgbt ppl turn out 2b wrong after u jion ec?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Aug 17, 2015.

?

what r %'s of long held assumption about lgbt ppl turn out 2b wrong after u jion ec?

1. 0% of my assumptions were WRONG

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 25 % of my assumptions were WRONG

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. 50% of my assumptions were WRONG

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. 75% of my assumptions were WRONG

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. 100% of my assumptions were WRONG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SonicBoom

Really sorry about the title but I could not fit what I what I wanted to say in the title.

So what are the percentages of your long help assumptions about the LGBT community that turned out to be wrong after you joined EC?

Personally I voted 50%.

I was so so in the dark about the problems and issues that other members of the LGBT community had.

My biggest assumption that turned out to be wrong was I thought that most other people's experiences were similar to mine.

How about you?

#1 SonicBoom, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  2. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Re: what r %'s of long held assumption about lgbt ppl turn out 2b wrong after u jion

Personally, My assumption was that I was not going to fit in, since I'm basically the sore thumb of the community here. I don't know how to put that in percentages, per se, though considering it was my only assumption, I'll go ahead and say 100% of my assumptions were wrong.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: what r %'s of long held assumption about lgbt ppl turn out 2b wrong after u jion

I must admit, I've learned a lot.

Before I joined I only knew about gay/lesbian people, so I learned a bit on non-binary, bi, trans etc people. Even then, what I knew about gay people was limited, and in ways flat out wrong :slight_smile:

4. SocceRoo

I voted 75% because most of the things i heard where from people at school or from social media. The only reason i knew some things about lgbt was because both my parents are open minded and accepting of lgbt people.

So yea i learned a lot from here and i'm still learning :3