1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monthly payment reversal?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thebikelady, Dec 29, 2008.

1. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was all excited about a week and a half ago about making my first car payment. Got on the Honda Financial website, entered all my information, and sent payment. Not only was it early, but it was also a bit more than it had to be. (I like to pay stuff off early.) They sent gave me a confirmation number and all was well. Those types of things usually take a few days to process, so I gave them a few days. Checked my bank...no money taken out. Checked their site and it still had that my payment had been made. I though maybe it got backed up because of Christmas. Checked it again today...no money taken out. Now their site says that I am over due. Checked the transaction history only to find out that it shows my payment, but then for the same day shows a payment reversal.

Does anyone know what the blazes this means? They will be getting a phone call in the morning to get this straightened out as I am NOT late with my payments and refuse to have my credit botched for something that is not my fault. I checked over my bank numbers several times when I entered them just to be sure they were right. I just though I would check here to see if anyone has had something similar happen. Needless to say, I am pissed.:bang:

2. Nixon

nope call honda

in the confirmation you could have possibly canceled

3. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So their customer service line that has business hours, just an automated system. Clearly an automated system needs business hours. It was no help. Just kind enough to inform me that I was past due. I entered my bank info again on the off chance that I some how entered it in wrong, then made a payment for this month and next. I will give them a few days to take my money. Sent an email the dealer's way to see if he could figure out what is up. We shall see.

4. EM68

I worked at a Honda dealership and Honda seemed to mess up first payments. I would call the finance person you talked to at the dealership. They will pull your info and they can call Honda Financial and let them know you made your first payment. Honda also gives grace periods. I would not worry too much.

5. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They took my money! Yay! And now I am poor.:icon_wink

6. EM68

I'm glad they got it straight.

7. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian