1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtle ways of putting myself out there?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to let everyone on my Facebook friends list know that I am bisexual. When I thought I was full-on lesbian, I "liked" an LGBT news page and shared stuff on there from time to time. I lost a few friends because of that but whatever. I un-liked the page and just left it at that. I want to go like the page again to show my support of the LGBT community but I now have my dad on my FB friends list and he's a homophobe, along with my mom and sister and brother-in-law... :eusa_doh: My mom isn't on Facebook but the rest of them are, and other members of my family are on there too, so it won't be just friends who sees these things so I have to be subtle but obvious, if that makes sense? I've posted the bisexual flag that I modified by adding the text "I'm not confused... I'm fabulous" but to the anti-LGBT people, it won't make sense and that frustrates me :bang:

I know for a fact that one of my cousin's friends is a lesbian, she's engaged to a wonderful woman (Let's call them D and J). And we all suspect my cousin (Let's call her T) is a lesbian too and that she's dating a mutual friend of theirs (Let's call her L). T and L are always together at functions/get-togethers so we all suspect something's up. D, J and L all work together so they're all pretty close, and T lives with the three of them.

So I know I at least have their support but they haven't said anything to me. Well, apart from D, who sent me a PM and said that I have to live my life the way I want, and do what makes me happy.

Apart from showing and changing my interested in again, or posting the words, "I'm bisexual and proud" as a status, what can I do to subtly but clearly (if that makes sense) let the people know about my interests? Do I "like" the LGBT page again? Do any of you know if there's a "bisexual" page I could "like"? I can't seem to find one that has enough activity... I know that as soon as I "like" those pages, that my dad and sister will confront me about it so it remains risky business. I'm just so frustrated because I want to get it out there without being too in their face about it and risking losing more FB friends/real life friends. Please :help:

This whole post is just one big ramble, I hope you can make sense of it :icon_redf

#1 Ruby Dragon, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I made it a general rule to not add particular people whom I am sure would not support me. My once-best friend recently made a facebook, and I'm not going to add him because facebook is one of the few places he doesn't have access to my posts. I post what I please, and I'm not interested in having someone as a friend if they're just going to argue with me. I post LGBT stuff and anti-religious things sometimes too and he's very religious so things would just get bad. My grandma is also very religious, and I am not 100% sure that she doesn't support LGBT people, but still I don't have her as a friend. You may just not want to add your dad or anyone who won't be supportive.

I post a lot of things in support of the LGBT community, other than that I can't make any suggestions. Maybe like some pages that have to do with LGBT as well. I don't think most of my friends have yet gathered that I'm gay, or maybe they just don't care.