1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do any of you feel like you don't want a relationship?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LooseMoose, Aug 19, 2015.

1. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I in the long run I want a relationship- but my life is not really in order at the moment, so I don't feel like I am ready to date.

Also I feel like maybe my priority should be for now to look after myself for a bit.

I am not asexual or aromatic as such, but I guess I've entered a phase where being self- contained becomes more and more appealing.

I wonder if there are any others who feel like that at the moment?
    What do you do for your emotional/sexual needs?

2. C P

C P

Just a quick look at the local lgbt community around here(and its amazing, hypocritical prejudice) is enough to turn anyone off of hoping for a relationship.

Not that any of these things would want to date someone like me anyways; asexuality is considered 'f*ckin' weird', for one.

Ah well, at least I have the advantage of the fact that I have never dated/even gone on a date before anyways. Can't miss what never happened!

3. Matz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm the same, and I think it's a smart decision if you can't commit the time and energy to someone. I have enough to worry about without testing the waters, building trust, going out and keeping dates to meet new people, etc. Oftentimes I'm tired and not in a good frame of mind for it.

Instead I focus on new friendships, which are generally a lot less to worry about.

#3 Matz, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  4. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sometimes I feel like they are more drama than they are worth. This comes from observing the relationships of my friends.

5. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like this quite a bit. Relationships can be messy and they seem like hard work. You have to constantly consider someone else's feelings. But I know that I still want all that "messy wonderful-nes." I want to share my life with someone, give love and be loved back. I just don't think I'm ready for all that yet.

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

No, but I would rather have no relationship than be in the WRONG relationship

7. MetalRice

I want a relationship, but I can understand those who don't want one.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Honestly, I doubt I could do a long-term relationship. Well, I could, but it wouldn't be the best it could be. There's a lot of stuff that needs to be done, not even counting the whole ideally transitioning, which keeps me sidelined from others.

Also, I'm so used to being on my own the vast majority of the time, it is difficult to trust folks beyond a certain point. And trust is a key ingredient to any successful relationship. But again, I chalk this up to 29 years of having to learn as I go, with only the seldom initiated helping hand from others.

But to answer the question more directly, I do believe I want a relationship. However, I've gone nearly 3 decades without one, what's another 3? That sounds a tad cynical, I know, but it isn't my intention. Just stating an observation. Most individuals my age have had a few partners, maybe a kiss or two, and built up a dating resume. While I can provide you the best damn date of your life (within my financial and motivational means), I cannot provide you with the degree of love you would be deserving of.

Never really had it myself, and genuine love is not something you can charm and con somebody into believing... unless they want to perceive it that way. That, I can do. But that isn't very proper of me, and it is something I want to get away from, like several of my old habits.

I'm emotionally dead at times, though it is possible to feel stimulation. A great deal of that is due to being emotionally underdeveloped growing up, and some of it is due to my decision to be a problem as opposed to a solution growing up, so that give-and-take exchange between the world and I... wasn't so cheeky.

That's my fault, and my problem. Been working on it, but it is taking a while. It may never happen, but we'll see...

As for what I do for my emotional and sexual needs, well, emotionally, I sort of just go with the flow. I won't bore you, here, with it but as I mentioned a little bit ago, there is this slacking emotion issue. Now, sexually, there is masturbation if absolutely necessary.

Romantic daydreams and cuddling a pillow, too, if you want a slightly sad with a pinch of amusing response, aid me.

#8 Kaiser, Aug 19, 2015
  9. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of the time, no. It isn't something that's ever really interested me - I value my independence and freedom more than developing some sort of romantic connection with someone else - and I don't do well with compromise.

But I'm open to being in a relationship - if the right person comes my way.

10. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm vaguely open to the notion of a long-term relationship. However, I would be perfectly fine without one.

There is so much drama, gooey emotional stuff, and such that I don't know if I'd be able to properly provide for the needs of my partner (if they were an emotional person, which they probably would be). And if I met someone like myself, I'd probably be annoyed by them - either that or in complete adoration of them.

But... I'm also very picky about people, and am a general misanthrope. I really couldn't give a flying flip about sex or the whole realm of sexy wexy-ness. So that doesn't exactly make for the most lovable sort.

And besides, if someone was interested in me I'd probably be clueless or blunderingly awkward.

So just... no. Not a realistic or very logical desire (for me at least).

11. CamaroBlack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No I don't want one honestly I don't think I could be with one person forever I don't think I could fall in love with someone basically idk just want to stay single for now figure things out the only thing that would make me change my mind would be meeting someone really special that could prove me wrong about certain things in life but so far still have yet to meet someone like that if that person even exists

12. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm fine with being single. I have a few things I want to improve about myself and want to be out before I have a bf.

13. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's worth it, but I wouldn't date just to date like some do; or maybe that is just a high school thing.
    As of right now, I am in a relationship, and happy in it, for the most part. There's the occasional fight but we do give it our all, obviously, prioritizing school and work first; then each other. But I know if I was in need of her, she would help me out no matter just how busy.
    My view on relationships is that I don't want to actively seek it out and don't have the need to "be loved". I mean, yes, I do. But I don't want a relationship just for that reason. I want it when I'm ready, when I feel I can give that, when I love the person wholeheartedly and they do too, then I'm ready for a relationship. When it happens.
    As kageshiro said above, "I'd rather have no relationship than a WRONG one"
    I could never see myself dating in the future like many people seem to do nowadays. If I fall in love again, which is likely, I'd only pursue it if the other person is 100% sure they can give back, and if sexualities aligned.
    I've always dreamed of love and to be loved, but I also would want to be able to give back and would never enter an unsure relationship, and if I wanted one, it would be long-term.

14. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not right now, because I feel it is too early and I don't want to get too attached to anyone in this country, as I plan to leave it.

Further down the line... Oh very much so. I'd love a long-term relationship with someone who truly understands me. I'm (probably) not going to settle for the first one to show up, I want to take the more careful route and be sure. I want nothing more than to be myself and be with someone who understand me, nice and peaceful. Hopefully it can happen someday.

15. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I always tell people I can barely take care of myself, let alone a relationship. There's trust issues too.

I don't really mind the single life nor in a rush to be in one, it's just weird for me when friends I know are my age, married and have a kid. I could never handle all that so young.

16. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I felt like this at one point, but I now realize it was because I did not want to be in a straight relationship. I am really looking forward to being part of a gay relationship.

17. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't. I came to this conclusion after I couldn't be with the person I loved and I realized that it felt so wrong for me to try having a relationship someone else. I don't want to be bothered and inadvertently lead someone on. Plus, I'm living a sexless lifestyle, and I know how most people are. My dress sense seems to be staving off people, so it's working out for me. It definitely gives me time to focus on the important things in my life.

#17 PlantSoul, Aug 19, 2015
  18. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    One day I would very much appreciate having a constant someone with whom I could trust to help raise kids and also make out with (and if I'm lucky enough, can cook). I have no desire to go out and look for this person. At all. In fact it would almost suck if they came along now. I'm very much enjoying the ability to be selfish and do what I want, and what's good for me, without worrying about whether it's also good for someone else. I have to do that enough with my family, I don't need additional people to be concerned about.

Emotional needs, I have friends. Sexual needs, I have the internet. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. sekliniak

sekliniak Guest

I felt like this over a year ago. I was really confused at that time and didn't feel ready for a relationship. Whenever someone showed interest in me I felt uncomfortable and just wanted to run away. But I'm currently in a relationship and I'm happy in it.

20. BiKate

I just got out of a relationship about 5 months ago, and although I got over it quickly, I don't really want a relationship. Sometimes I do, but for the most part, I'm happy, and that's actually surprised me. I even feel like I could go the rest of my life being single and perfectly happy, as long as I could make some friends along the way and have my doggies. I've been in love and had a good relationship (it was good for a while), and it's not something I feel I need, the world has plenty more to offer. But it doesn't stop me crushing on cute individuals and if the right person comes along, I'm not against having a relationship, I just don't particularly feel like I need one.