1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't draw straight lines.. art blcok to the max

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wannahavechange, Aug 19, 2015.

1. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, ladies, gents, and cat people!!! I just want to put you in a box and...*Creepy laughter"... *clears throat*, sorry.. onward to the rant session and question time. XD IMG_20150819_224804.jpg

IMG_20150819_224755_kindlephoto-347173142.jpg
    I put a poster on my ig asking what is my art lacking.. I only got one response saying blend bstter with your colors. But some drawings look better in black and white. Also it's been a while since I wore glasses. So that's why most of my doodles look scratchy... alright rant over

To all my artist out there.. do you have trouble with straight lines.. I need someone to share my pain with :-(, I'm so worked up right now and getting more worried about my art style.. or if I even have one so that my art can be recognized by

2. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My art has remained consistent with the work I made when I was 12. Yeah, you're doing just fine :slight_smile:

3. RainDreamer

If people can draw straight lines easily, the market for rulers would decrease considerably. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I usually draw digitally, so I got it easy with straight lines. But don't worry it, straight lines are boring anyway, curves are much more interesting.

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: I can't draw straight lines.. art blcok to the max

Don't worry, smooth linework is something that comes waaaaay down the line in terms of practice. I've been drawing for about 6 years now and I still don't have it down.
    Some people might achieve it a lot faster than others, I suppose I'm one of the slower ones. When doing organic (Non-robotic) characters truly straight lines aren't used very much, and it's all about getting more natural curvature. Smoothing that out takes way too much practice from my experience.

One thing I like to do is after the sketch is "perfected" I'll very carefully go over it with a pen and then erase the original pencil marks. Then, I can color it easier and it usually goes well unless you mess up on the pen, it can't erase ya know! :lol:

I uploaded some of my art. The roughness is a bit notable to say the least, that's why I want to learn digital art, but it just feels weird drawing on the computer. Honestly, I don't know how my favorite artists do such amazing things, I'm determined to one day be on that level but that's in the far future.