1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Braces Pain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mc09, Aug 20, 2015.

1. mc09

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay so I'm writing this while in pain since today I went in for a checkup with my orthodontist:tantrum:

So I haven't had my braces on for so long, I got them on in the beginning of May. Still I believe I have a right to complain about them as much as I want. Oh my gosh there are just so many things that I can say that I hate about braces. First of all there's the FOOD! There are so many things that I can't eat and that makes me so upset. I LOVE food and there's so much stuff that I can't eat cause they can break a bracket or the wire. The first month I had braces I was on a diet of soup. Even some of the food that was soft I couldn't eat cause when I would bite into them my teeth would hurt. Then there's the part when the food gets stuck everywhere! Some of the food comes out when I rinse but there's more I can't and I have to use the tiny brush to get rid of it. It's no big deal if I'm at home but when I'm out in public it sucks. Flossing take so long to do and then there's the pain (which I'm currently in). It's understandable that my teeth hurt after every visit, but man I can't stand it! I feel like someone hit my in the mouth with a baseball bat. I take pills for the pain but it doesn't seem to help out. :bang:

However, I try to look at the bigger picture here: A year from now my teeth will look great! (!)(!)(!)

2. Gen

Gen

Braces are dreadful, but obviously worth it.

Get used to eating slowly and you won't have to restrict yourself so much. Most of the restrictions that are described are advised with consideration for the fact that people are idiots. You can eat chewy and hard foods. You can consume sugary foods from time to time. Just considerate not attacking the food that you eat. Biting into hard or sticky foods is terrible for your teeth regardless of whether you want braces.

The first week after each check up is the worse because of whatever new chaos they have caused in there. You will have to do a lot of putting crackers, cookies, or chips into your mouth and waiting for it to soften before chewing. Life with braces requires a world of patience, but it is a small price to pay.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What Gen said. Ease yourself into things slowly, and you won't be so limited. Hard and chewy things are fine, just be careful--I know from experience.

4. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can eat everything as long as you chop it in small enough bits and take your time with them. I hope you like ice-cream and froyo, because those are gonna be your best friends soothing your fiery gums after a check-up, unless you have dental sensitivity (like me). Even then though, dental sensitivity is by far the lesser of the two pains.

#4 RawringSnake, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015