1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions for Spanish people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kyoujin, Aug 20, 2015.

1. kyoujin

These are questions about etiquette for people from Spain. Or, people who have lived in Spain or know a lot about Spanish culture.

If you were told to remove your shoes when entering a friend's house, how would you react? What about an acquaintance? Or someone you barely know?
    What do you think of people who are reserved and introverted?
    Do you think being overly formal and polite is rude?
    What is the level of acceptance of LGBT? What about men who look and act androgynously?
    And last, do people in Spain tend to speak loudly?

Thank you for answering.

2. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. I'm from Spain. My personality isn't exactly what is expected from a Spaniard but I think I can answer your questions.

Removing your shoes when entering somebody's house isn't very usual here (I think it's the same in other Occidental countries). Most people would think that this is strange in Spain.

Personally I'm reserved and introvert, so I understand completely this kind of people. I don't think it's rude and I don't think anybody think like that. It's just the way you are.

Being overly formal and polite may seem peculiar for some people. It's not the way most people act here. They aren't rude (in general) but they aren't extremely polite either.

LGBT people is very accepted here compared to other countries. LGBT rights are very advanced here. Same-sex marriage and adoption are legal since 2005, for example. Society in general is getting more tolerant too, although there are still a lot of homophobic people, of course. As for men who act and look androgynously (and the rest of LGBT people too), some people may make fun of them, unfortunately. Backward people are everywhere.

Finally, people in Spain tend to speak so loudly.

3. Higs

Pretty much agree with everything that BlueLion has said.

Just to the questions of rude and polite and introverts I'd like to add that as any other country there are all sorts of people here. Yes it is true that a bigger part is more loud and more outgoing but there are always alot of people who are not.