1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans query

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Momosboy, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Momosboy

So, this is a question for my T-bros and T-sis's. Have you ever, especially early in life, (elementary school or earlier) liked things typically meant for the sex you weren't born as? For T-girls, I'd think it'd be like loving musicals, feeling drawn to the dresses, bras, panties, etc, that cisgirls wear, and just feeling safer near girls then near boys. For T-boys, I guess liking violent stuff? I don't know. Personally, I've always loved musicals, and have been drawn to the female mannequins, and even girls felt like better friends than boys. How bout you?

2. MetalRice

First of all, I would just add that you don't need to like stereotypical "girls" or "boys" things to be Transgender of any kind, I am a trans girl and like mostly boys things still; thought I would just add that just in case anyone got the misconception.

Now, as for me? I felt occasional feelings of "drawnness" to girls clothes at various times throughout my life, but I never put much thought into it until I was about 15 or 16 and they started getting stronger.

3. Momosboy

I know, right? I agree with you, in that I like "boy" things myself (superheroes, action movies, Star Wars), but I want to try the girl stuff, too

4. MetalRice

Yeah, I can definitely relate there; I just wanted to add that just in case anyone had any misconceptions or anything; that's all.

5. Momosboy

So, basically, t-girls can like boy things too. That's great. I was worried.

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keeping in mind that gender stereotypes do not equal being transgender...

Yes, I've always been more drawn to the boyish side of things. I think it's kind of funny how your (OP) post is slanted... you can definitely catch a whiff of the author's opinions there. No offense, of course.

As a kid, I had two older brothers and one younger brother. So all brothers. I played with my brothers as if I was one of them, and not their sister. For all intents and purposes, I was just a normal little boy (though they called me a "tomboy"). I liked t-shirts, shorts, and was very proud of my one pair of overalls. I was an avid video-game player, and spent hours on end playing with action figures with my brother. We played toys together until we were about 12 and 14 years old.

When I was a bit older, I became extremely envious of men's clothing, boxers, haircuts, bodies, etc. Every time I went clothes shopping with my mother, I'd look longingly at the Men's section, the ties, the shoes, the underwear, everything... Only to be roped into princess sparkle section.

I played football with guys, hung out around guys, was more comfortable talking to guys in general. However, in highschool I couldn't really do that very much since to hang around the boys meant that you had a crush on all of them, or something to that effect.

Also, I always hated any kind of boy/girl separation where I'd be heaped with all the other girls when the only thing I wanted was to be with the boys. Got me every time.

7. Momosboy

I know, right? And the same is true of the girls for me. If I had my way, I'd have done their sports, and gone to their slumber parties. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to come, but because of what I am... I wasn't allowed.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Early life? Not really.

Sure, there were moments that, looking back, make sense now, but at the time I was more focused on other things. Anger and racing down the highway to Hell kept my focus, and didn't really allow me to acknowledge anything else.

Ideally, I'd be a tomboy. Pretty, but tough.

^.~