1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For Love

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by trianglesquare, Aug 22, 2015.

1. trianglesquare

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Hi everyone.
    My name is Eliza.

I am bisexual and have never been in a relationship.
    I am not exactly sure how to find people who are part of the LGBTQ+ community.
    At this point, I am looking for a girl.
    (I hope that doesn't sound "bad" but there was boy drama in high school)

Anyway, I would love thoughts and advice.
    Thanks!

2. InLoveWithAGirl

I would love to give advice :slight_smile:

For finding people, when you go to college looking for a GSA club would be a good way to meet other LGBTQ+ people.

The funny thing is, sometimes girls just turn up and you don't think they will but suddenly you have a girlfriend and it's like "how is it possible to meet a wonderful girl like that in a place like this?" (personal experience of mine; I live in a small town and have somehow managed to be close to several girls).

And no, it doesn't sound "bad". If it's what you want, it's what you want. Nothing wrong with that.

If you want to talk some more, feel free to post on my wall. I'm here for ya :slight_smile:

3. Gear2BQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a good place to start for finding the LGBTQ+ community and the people on here give pretty great advice. I think if you want someone specific then you just have to go for it, but if you are searching to find a specific person to go for then you should be patient and look around and maybe it will be easier to find that person than you would expect.
    .....but what do I know I've never been in a relationship either?!?!

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second the GSA club. Most of my friends in the LGBTQ+ community are just people I made friends with who happened to be a part of it. It was the same with my girlfriend. We met online because we both shared an interest in writing novels and were friends for four years before we started dating.

My advice is to do things you enjoy, try new things, meet people, make friends, and let love come naturally.