1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do most straight guys prefer dating bi girls?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lemons123, Aug 23, 2015.

1. lemons123

I could be wrong, but that's what I am getting from friends and reading online.
    It could be that statistically most girls are bi so they end up like that with most guys...but it could also be due to the fact that most men prefer bi girls?

2. Simple Thoughts

Straight guys don't like that girls are bi, they like that a girl being bi means there is the possibility they could find themself in a three-way which is like the #1 straight male fantasy.

3. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you prefer bi girls?

4. lemons123

Well, personally I don't. But I'd go as far as saying I am not you average representative of any country, race or gender 0_0. I mean, I have my oddities, tastes and personal opinions and don't want to project them over the rest of the population....

5. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oooh but you see, society's worst kept secret is that being odd is actually not odd at all. Normalcy is an illusion we like to keep in order to feel part of a bigger whole (because we like to "belong"), but we all come with our own set of kinks and quirks. You might be more representative than you think :grin:

Anyway, what Simple Thoughts said. 2 women 1 guy is like the ultimate bragging rights in StraightGuyFantasyLand. Or so I would assume, I'm in a worse position to speak for them than you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#5 RawringSnake, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  6. lemons123

@Velocirawr:

Well, I could've written here "bisexual", since "straight but curious" is/should be basically the same. I guess the only difference is that I am 90% in girls, while you could be split or mostly into guys, not?

My point is: we both should know how a guy thinks, but surely like I said - not how other males think solely based on our own experience. Maybe we should do a street-poll and see 0_0.

And yeah I agree - that 3some thing is lame...

7. MetalRice

It's not that they prefer dating bi girls, it's the straight male fantasy of having a three way that turns them on.

8. Simple Thoughts

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Threesomes. It doesn't work the other way, unfortunately, which might be better, since I'd rather be rejected than tokenized.

10. Lyana

EC is probably not the best place to poll if you want answers from straight guys! ^^ We can only speculate.

It's just much easier for a bi girl to date a guy than a girl. If she doesn't have a circle of exclusively LGB friends, most of the people she'll meet will be straight. Hence the people who are interested in her will tend to be straight guys.

But I wouldn't say straight guys prefer to date bi girls. They either don't care, or think it's a free pass for a threesome, or they're worried about not being enough for her.

11. lemons123

"the other way"? You mean straight girls into bi mmf?

Well, there are some girls like that but yes they are a minority, maybe like 10% of all straight girls will be into things like that.

---------- Post added 23rd Aug 2015 at 11:47 AM ----------

I'd agree, though your second point applies only outside but not on the internet. Any girl online can look for girls on any dating app/site and the number of matches will be a lot.

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Most of the girls I've met who are into bi men have been bi themselves, and the appeal came more from a shared understanding of sexuality than anything else. Straight women are either turned off by it or neutral (you'd think two guys together would be hot, but apparently, many are turned off by the thought of their man with another, worried over catching diseases, and insecure over having to compete and having their boyfriend cross over to the "gay side").

Anyway, I think many straight men think bisexuality in women is simply there for them to take advantage of. They probably think it involves wild, party girls at clubs making out with their friends, or something. When they realize there are women who aren't attracted to men at all, then some become insecure, angry, or violent.

13. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I imagined you meant something like that, but given that most people here are so confused about their sexuality I didn't want to assume.

--------------------------------------*EHEM* Back on topic--------------------------------------​

Hell, even if you take the 3somes out of the equation, there's also the fact that lots of guys fetishize lesbianism. SO even the possibility of watching "their girl" hooking up with another woman might be enough to get them over the edge.

#13 RawringSnake, Aug 23, 2015
  14. lemons123

On a side note:

I read somewhere how a poll had showed that 60% of guys say they think a girlfriend french-kissing another girl is cheating. The best part was that the girls commenting on that article (think it was Cosmopolitan??...) were shocked that some guys consider this "cheating"? I mean what gives? The girls can't believe that this is a cheat or...they can't believe some guys aren't so utter-turned on by it?

15. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would wager that's it. I can't blame them for being confused given that is the message being subliminally pushed in the media ("guys luuuuuv girl on girl action"), although I would argue 60% is still kind of a low percentage (being only slightly above half), so these assumptions aren't entirely unfounded on their part.

#15 RawringSnake, Aug 23, 2015
  16. lemons123

I just googled it in an attempt to show you the link...so far no luck, but got that:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081017074455AA2juMl

^ Yahoo wisdom, in action:

"No i don't consider a girl kissing a girl cheating. But a guy kissing a girl is definitely cheating and unacceptable. I think in todays society just because you kiss someone the same sex drunk, sober, or straight does not make you gay."

And that's written arguably by a girl...but yeah bright people everywhere, shouldn't matter.

17. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ah, Yahoo Answers doing what Yahoo Answers does best. They are so out of touch with anything resembling reality they might as well exist in another dimension (and I'm not entirely sure they don't).

18. lemons123

I spent some time there...months ago...mostly in the fitness/health and gender studies section. It was weird.

It's possible they make some bots to ask one and the same thing over and over again...who knows.

19. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Exactly.

20. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Straight guys love dating bisexual girls.. until their sexual fantasies are not fulfilled. :wink: