1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever wondered..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Just1Dude, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If someone who is closeted has looked at you, thought you were "smexy" and was like "Buuuut they are probably straight."

I know this is "silly" but I often wonder about it. I give looks all the time and EVERY TIME I'm all "Oh, but that dude is totally straight."

I see guys give me looks, repeated looks and I always either think "They are looking at me because they think I am looking at them, and they prolly want to punch me" or "They think I'm smexy, but straight." Then I feel incredibly stupid (then sad) for overthinking haha.

Random topic is random :\ Sorry!

2. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel like this all the time. :eusa_doh: I can't tell if guys are into me or are just looking at me because I'm looking at them. :icon_redf

This is one reason why I was considering getting either a rainbow wristband or pin or something small that would signal I could be gay. If it's too pronounced though, everyone will know I'm gay, so I haven't found the perfect accessory yet.

3. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like the idea CodeForLife! I agree with being worried about it being too pronounced as well. Bleh, haha! I keep hoping I run into someone that isn't shy and will just say something to me, Lord knows I will never be able to....

Kind of on the same topic. I get a lot of looks from young guys, like waay too young for me. 17 etc.., I bet they wonder if I am in the same school. I have gotten that question a lot lately! I look way too young for my age.

4. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah there's always a trade off. If you're too subtle, maybe even gay guys may miss it.

I think once we're both out completely, it will probably seem like less of an issue to wear these accessories. After all, who should care? Depending on where you live of course. In California, where I live, people are pretty open-minded.

I found this thread, which has some helpful information that at the very least is worth a read: Looking for a relationship: simpler than you think

A couple of the sections that stood out to me:
    • Approaching those you don't know
    • Are you gay?

5. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually have a friend (my current crush) who I thought was straight for the LONGEST time until she came out as bi, so it really shows that you can never really tell a person's sexuality until they come out. :slight_smile:

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It isn't "... but they are probably straight.", it's "... but they must be taken." on a good day.

The irony that is my life.

LOL.

7. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    All the damned time. And it's so frustrating because I'm like 'woah, you are gorgeous...please like girls' and I sometimes worry if people think I'm giving them a weird look, but I'm actually checking them out.

8. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Or, for you, it's "...but she's TOO GOOD LOOKING for me!"

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    #KaiserProblems
    (eew I am using hashtags again)

Most of the time, people assume that I am gay because I dont act/move like a stereotypical staight guys should do so I dont have this problem... The question is IF there is someone closeted that checks me out :bang:

9. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Happens to me all the time. Last time there was this ridiculously good looking boy who seemed pretty open-minded. Yeah, until he made the first homophobic remark.

10. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so clueless to the idea of someone checking me out in any way at all really.....

11. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All the freaking time...
    I took care of my body to impress guys (also girls, but mostly -almost 99%- guys), but so far the only attention i get is from the other team :frowning2:

so true, but i think in my case since mostly 99.9% of people here are straight :lol: so i'm pretty sure they're looking at me because i'm looking at them :dry:

12. Psaurus918

I have horrible gaydar. Can't tell if someone's staring at me because they're weird or gay and checking me out

#12 Psaurus918, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  13. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most of the time it happens at the gym. When I am at the gym I have tunnel vision, but there are mirrors EVERYWHERE (of course, haha). So I keep catching glances every once in a while, usually from the same person more than once.

Now since it is a gym scenario it could be a # of things..

They are looking to see what workout I am doing, and how I am doing it.
    They are looking and wondering wtf a guy like me is doing in there
    They are looking to see if I have the muscles :icon_wink
    or, they are looking because they like what they see.

Those are the 4 that pop into my mind when it comes to a basic gym environment. There are a small handful of guys I see in there, and I know they are looking. I catch the glances, and I can just FEEL them looking (I hate that feeling btw). The glances are also numerous.

Most of the more "serious" gym rats won't give a single glance out from under their hoodie. They are easy to read, I just wish the others were.

Plus when people look at me I tend to flub up everything I'm doing and look like an idiot. It also doesn't help that I don't feel good looking in the slightest.. and they are like "whoa look at the science experiment!" JJJK :bang:

#13 Just1Dude, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015