1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rest In Peace Aaliyah

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, Aug 25, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

Today marks 14 years since the beautiful Aaliyah left this world. She left the world 3 short but substantial albums, sealing her legacy as "The Princess Of R&B." From Age Ain't Nothin But A Number to Aaliyah, she always did something different. Whether covering a song and putting her own twist on it or making something hyper-futuristic like "Are You That Somebody", she always went against the grain and won while doing it. At the time of her death, she had also begun an acting career that had a seemingly bright and successful future, with Whitney Houston asking her to play the lead role in Sparkle (2012), and unfortunately, not being able to finish filming The Matrix Reloaded (2003). Apart from her career, Aaliyah was very close to her family. They were there for the majority of her career apart from her final video shoot. She had also been close friends with all her peers, and upon her passing, they were devastated that someone so humble and sweet and warm could be taken so quickly. Lil Kim said that she could never find anything bad about her. At the 2001 Soul Train Awards, Patti Labelle accepted an award for Aaliyah and said that she felt that a few more years in Aaliyah's life and she would have gotten the Lena Horne award, I believe it's called.

But most of all, what I learned from Aaliyah was that life is too short to be someone you're not. Tomorrow isn't certain for any of us, so live while you can. Thank you for sharing your talent with us Aaliyah, and know that you ARE remembered as a "full on entertainer." Sleep tight. What did you like most about Aaliyah?

2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She was more than a woman..

3. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Rest in peace Aaliyah

4. SonicBoom

I love one of the lines in the "Try again" song.

"It's been a long time. Shouldn't have left you without a dope beat to step to"

#4 SonicBoom, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  5. Ryu

Ryu

I have no idea who she is, but the last part of the first post here reminds me of kurt cobain somewhat. If she was like a hip hop version of Kurt, that's awesome. He was a great guy, and from what I've heard after googling Aaliyah, so was she.

6. FootballFan101

I dont know her but she seems like an inspirational person RIP