1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My drama friend who was gay is transgender.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Justinian20

She was the person I used to have a crush on when she identified as male and now she doesn't identify that way all feelings have left me. I'm very supportive of her but honestly because in July she identified as male, I just feel why did it take me so long to accept the fact I'm gay and yet for her it took a quick two months to accept she was transgender. I do understand she identified as gay while she was male and that may have taken a while for her to accept. I just think it's strange that my older formerly male gay crush identifies as female several months later.

So anyone have any stories like this.

2. CyanChachki

It may have taken you awhile to accept yourself, but that doesn't mean that it's going to take you just as long as accepting others. That part of you was always there, whether you accepted it or not and now that you finally have, you can fully accept others as well, with ease because it's not a challenge anymore. You've already jumped that hurtle in life and you're ready to move on.

As for me.. I've never really had a specific similar story to yours. I've had feelings lost for people when they've changed their style and I've also had feelings gained for people for the same reasons.. however, I don't really know anyone who is transgender, let alone someone who I've known a really long time before they came out. With that being said, I wish you the best of luck with you and your friend.