1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clubs or activities to join

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Emmanuella, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Emmanuella

I need inspiration. I want to join some clubs/groups/activities in my area. Just to keep me busy and meet new people.

When it comes to physical things though, I am INSANELY uncoordinated and clumsy and awkward. So unless I get over my big dislike of humiliation and attention this narrows my options by..like...a LOT.

2. Ombia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It depends what you're into. Since doing my UG, I've joined societies that have had both positive and negative results. I am not the most coordinate of people but i have been playing tennis since i was small, so that has helped a lot with coordination skills. Its also good socially. I have met many friends through racket sports. I still cant catch a ball in my life but once you learn the basic strokes it doesnt really matter as much about looking silly. Most people just want to play for fun. You dont need to do tornaments.

Archery might also be fun. Its social. And its a lot like tennis in learning skills to help coordination.

I had the stupid idea to join a cafe soc, where you drink and chat but i am pretty shy so i never attended one. Although if its to your taste, and there's one in your area go for it.

Non physical activities also include scrap booking and book clubs.

Hope this kinda helped. :slight_smile:

3. Erzulie

Craft classes like pottery/ceramics or sewing are usually pretty common if you enjoy that sort of thing. If there's a community college or university near you, they usually have classes you can audit if you like learning new things. I'm not sure how expensive they'd be or what the process is to get into them, but you can probably find out pretty easily online or by calling them. Hope this was helpful!