1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian and heterosexual sex- is it awkward?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thewolf, Aug 27, 2015.

1. thewolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    Not a man, will never have gay sex... But I reckon I'll have plenty of lesbian/heterosexual sex in my life...

Is it ever awkward? Like, five minutes in, you're like, this is weird? Because it is kind of weird if you think about it... :eusa_doh:

((Woops, didn't mean to post in this section.))

#1 thewolf, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    All sex is ackward, at least the first time.

And in a relationship, sometimes, you do it just 'cause it'll satisfy your partner or you'll realize you weren't actually 'in the mood', and that can be ackward.

So yeah.

3. thewolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay. I never have done anything vaguely sexual/romantic before... But I was afraid that the first time would be awkward.

4. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not saying I've never had awkward sex, but I've never had awkward sex in the terms of what you're saying.

5. Hopeful

Yes sex can be awkward but it's all supposed to be fun so just laugh at the awkward parts and you'll be fine! :slight_smile:

6. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yuuuuuuup. No way around that I'm afraid. First few times will never not be awkward.

7. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I agree, the first times with a person is most often awkward, because you don't really know each other and what goes where and how, if that makes sense.
    The best thing to do (in my opinion) is make a learning experience out of it, and laugh about it together.

8. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great answer. It's even a little awkward the first time with each new partner.

The idea, though, is to be sufficiently into it that you're swept away, and don't particularly notice the awkwardness.

9. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I didn't like the experience of heterosexual sex. Maybe I just wasn't into the guy, but I don't want to pursue that again before trying lesbian sex. I think it's gonna be awkward, but I have a feeling it will be more rewarding.

10. alexandra00018

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Guess it kind of depends who its with and how much experience they have, but the first time is always going to be a bit awkward!

11. Lipstick Leuger

It is awkward for any to people to first have sex. If you are used to being with your own sex then go opposite I would imagine it could be briefly more awkward than most first times. I slept with only guys when I was as younger, and the first time with a girl was pretty awkward, I didn't know what to do etc. I was lucky that I had a very understanding girl who knew she was my first and helped things along. So, it could have been worse by a long shot.

12. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a panromantic lesbian in a relationship with a guy I can say no, for me it's not awkward.

I am attracted to him emotionally, not sexually. Some people would be confused how I'm not repulsed, but I'm just not, it's just there is no sexual attraction going on, I don't want to jump his bones out, but I like to see that what we do makes him feel good. I've never had PIV sex with a guy, but there was other types of sex in our relationship.

Sexually I'm 100% lesbian, but I have pretty high sex drive and perhaps sometimes it helps to enjoy it not only with girls, just a thought. Sex is sex for me, doesn't matter the attraction.

13. candyjiru

It is if you take it too seriously~ if you're serious about it you can get nervous and worry (which will likely happen when you're first with someone), so I try to relax during it, haha~ If you're with someone you love and who loves you, then they won't judge you or anything like that~ Also, if you can figure out what gets you off, then you'll be able to move your body around and maybe even guide them to do what helps you~ AND show them that you're open to suggestion as well~ it's a lot easier when you're both talking to each other and ready to learn, since everyone is different ^.^

14. lemons123

well, you'd be bisexual in that case (I mean if you're turned on by the opposite sex).
    If it's just sex with the opposite sex without knowing if you like it or not - then you could be homosexual. Like others said, romantic attraction without sexual one could mean you're 100% lesbian still. But any sexual attraction will make you bi.

15. thewolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    If I'm... Pleasuring a girl, will it be awkward for the first few minutes while we're waiting for take-off? Or vice-versa. Do you talk, or do you just pretend that you aren't supposed to talk?

(This is very awkward.)

16. Lyana

Ideally, when you get into that situation, it will be with someone you're comfortable with and you'll be able to laugh off any awkwardness. Sex rarely happens out of the blue, there's usually something leading up to it -- you know, like an intense making out session. So it should sort of gradually fade into sex, if that makes sense, and not be like three minutes of awkwardness while clothes come off.

It can be a bit awkward if you're self-conscious and she's focusing on your body and your pleasure. Besides, everything is awkward the first time. Try not to overthink it; it's meant to be a positive experience.

As for talking, well. I don't, much, personally, aside from telling her she looks/is amazing, but it totally depends on the people. If you feel comfortable doing it, do. If not, don't.