1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to get this off my chest -.-

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScaryClosets, Aug 29, 2015.

1. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So lately I've felt so horrible. I don't feel like a real "Bisexual" at all! An there has been some recent posts about LGBT+ community being a Trend. I feel absolutely horrible and confused. I hate the word "Straight" I absolutely hate it! I've always liked boys at a young age, but I know that I've had attraction to girls. i had a romantic attraction to my freaking best friend before. I haven't known for a long time like most people. and sometimes I think I'm fake because I am sometimes open about my sexuality. If someone asks me, i'll tell them. But if I don't know that person as a best friend, I won't tell them. I'll probably just avoid the question or trying to tell them in general. I can tell my friends, but even then I have a hesitant feeling. I know that I can't possibly be straight. I don't want to be straight. I have attraction for girls, I just know it! People say that you just know, but I don't know how to feel that. I'm just afraid that I'm like those people who act as if it's a trend. I love this community too much to ever want to let go of it. You guys are all amazing to me, and I don't want to feel not accepted. sometimes even on here I feel like you guys will hate me because I think this way. *pulls hair out of frustration* I just..ugh! I feel so fake. Am I in denial or something?! Or am I just really a fake like I'm afraid to be??​

2. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Lol not accepted??
    This isn't a freaking church full of old people, you know?

3. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah I know, that was kind of stupid of me. I know you guys are accepting, that's why I love you all deeply!

4. Drednaught

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you need to meet certain "requirements" in order to be considered a fan of a show? No, you just like the show regardless of what anyone thinks, and the same goes for sexuality. Anything but how you feel towards the sexes is completely irrelevant. Why would it be? It's not defined that way, so if you say you like both boys and girls, then that's the end of it. As for not talking about this with your friends, I completely understand. Talking about anything to someone feels different depending on the person you talk to, so of course you're going to feel this way when talking about your orientation. It's completely fine that you feel this way, we all have our moments, that's what makes us human.

#4 Drednaught, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  5. Hizaki

Here's the thing, ScaryClosets: I understand exactly where you're coming from. Almost constantly for about a year, I have questioned myself, and with those questions came self-accusation. You know what I'm finding, though? That while I imagine how "all these people are judging me" and think about "what a faker I am", that nobody really thinks those things except for the ones not worth the time of day (less than 1%). Perhaps you think it was too easy to tell someone because you're actually just "Trying it on". That's something I've been doing for a little while with my pronouns and to be honest I don't regret it.

Don't let yourself get in a funk because of the "Faker" feeling. It's not going to solve anything and simply isn't based in truth to begin with! You will never not be accepted here no matter your orientation (we have straight people that visit, too, you know) or what you might perceive it to be!

There are so many levels as to what makes a person [insert label]. Just like some transgender people might not feel it to be pressing to change their appearance (and feel like they're not a "Real" trans person), some people who aren't straight in their orientation might not feel like a "real" gay person. Regardless, that doesn't make them any less gay or trans or whathaveyou!

You can message me any time if you want to talk more, okay? ^.^

#5 Hizaki, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  6. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you guys so much! Hizaki, it does seem that it's easier to tell people just to try it out. It's still pretty new to me and I've only told two friends. Sometimes I regret telling someone, because I am afraid that I'm like those people saying it just to make it a trend. Sigh, I hate over thinking everything. Thanks for the advice and replies, it means so much to me!

7. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There isn't any limitations that define you as 'gay', 'bi, etc. The limits are not solid, and they do bend. I have the same problem as you-I'm not sexually attracted to girls (being attracted to them is rare, most of the time, anyway) and I sometimes doubt my sexuality, but at the same time, I know I don't need to have an exact label for myself. I find that restraining and suffocating. Who cares if you don't have a concrete label on you? Rock it!

By not telling certain people doesn't mean anything. It just means you ain't comfortable telling them, that's all. And the EC community will always support you, so don't say you feel left out! Just remember-you are who you choose to be, so stand proud of that fact. There are no labels that restrain you-ever.