1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Longest Crush

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Aug 30, 2015.

1. lovetoomuch

Hi everyone. When I like someone, I tend to fall for them (HARD) and like them for quite sometime. I usually do not get over people easily.

I have really only had crushes on 3 people, but they have all lasted for over a year. The most recent guy I like (liked?) I have been crushing on for almost 3 years (even though I told him my feelings over a year ago and he told me he wasn't interested in guys).

So I am just wondering:
    - What's the longest crush you have had?
    - How did you get over it?

I personally think I get over people when I find someone new (which has not happened yet).

2. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The longest crush I've had and known it was for around 2 years. It was on a boy I knew from first through third grade. I haven't seen him in over 2 years.

The longest feelings I've ever had for someone are still going now. I've only just realized a few months ago that I've had feelings for this girl (I realize now) since the moment we met which was over eight years ago. I'm in love with her now :slight_smile:

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm kind of like you -- I've had very few real, substantial crushes but the ones I've had last a long time. The longest one was roughly three years and I still think he's an amazing person, though my romantic feelings fortunately subsided (which is good, since he's straight).

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    longest crush i had was a bout a year. i found out he wasn't interested in me, in any way, until that is he decided to make a move on me. I did get over it eventually, i think the time span for crushes became shorter after that. If a person don't like you or makes the effort to do so, move on.

5. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm the same way. When I fall, I fall hard. But my longest was five long wasted years. I crushed on other people during those five years but I always went back to him.

It started with an innocent middle school crush in seventh grade. Freshman year, I fell in love. My feelings for him continued, off and on, until junior year. I went to a small school and we belonged to the same youth group so we spent quite a lot of time together.

How did I get over it? At some point during junior year he decided he hated me. He'd scream and glare at me when I showed up at his track meets (my cousin also ran track and it was common for my family to show up in support). Flip me off in the cafeteria. Make fun of me and say that I didn't have any friends when I was the first one to show up at the lunch table. It was easy for love to turn to hate.

#5 Aspen, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  6. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My previous crush lasted around 7 years, and I was completely OBSESSED with her. I would try to style my hair likes hers, dress like her, and even talk like her. I would think about her ALL. THE. TIME, look at pictures of her in my yearbooks, and I nearly fainted of joy when she added me on Facebook.

Since I had a crush on her since fourth grade, I'm pretty sure my mom knew, (it was pretty obvious since me and my sister were both obsessed with her at the time xD), and she eventually did ask if me and my sister later in fourth grade, but we both obviously said no.

I eventually got over her by just FORCING myself not to think about her, and though it was a terrible and long process, it eventually worked. To this day, I still catch myself thinking about her the odd time, and I always repress those thoughts, allooott. Also, another thing I find that helps is finding new people to crush on. :slight_smile:

7. luckycar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My longest crush just ended earlier this year. He was my best friend since the sixth grade so that makes it about 10 years. The sad thing is that when I came out to him, he came out to me and also told me that he had feelings for me, but that he could not allow himself to be gay. He claims that while we both have had feelings for each other for so long that we should just get over them and learn to pray our gay away. I was heart broken that he is choosing to live straight, but I have managed to move on. Somehow. :icon_sad:

8. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm the opposite: I have millions of crushes but they don't normally last very long, and they're not particularly deep or meaningful. It's probably just my age.

However, there is one exception. I have had a soft spot for this one girl ever since we were about 7. It was all very cute and innocent. I'm not sure whether I'd call it a crush or not, but if so, it's my longest crush. Since going into high school I only really see her occasionally.

9. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Don't know if it counts but I had a crush on a boy from kindergarten to about 7th grade, that's about 7 years.

Also, I've had a presumed crush on a friend for about a year and a half. I think...

10. Psaurus918

9 years and counting....oh boy.

11. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My longest crush probably lasted a few months at most.

12. timo

I'm not one to have crushes often, but when I do they last for months. I think the longest I've had was close to a year.

13. the haunted

(This does not include people I've dated)

I've had a crush on this girl I work with for almost two years. One of us is always in a relationship, but I have a feeling that if we are ever both single at the same time, we'd develop some kind of relationship whether it be sexual and/or romantic. She's pretty flirtatious towards me, so I still have hope lol.

14. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My longest ever crush is my current crush, which has lasted just over a year and is still going like crazy. :love:

15. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My longest crush to date was about three or four years I'd say. It was also my first life-changing crush. I'd have been anything, tried everything, gone anywhere to gain his attention. We were good friends, and I was there for him when he came out, so I suppose it worked out well regardless of there being nothing romantic to come of it.

Sadly we no longer keep in touch.

16. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Real person - 3 years.
    Fictional character - 6 years.