1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your first nightclub experience like?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ombia, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Ombia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never actually been to a nightclub before. I know that there are quite a few in my area but because I'm a rather shy person whenever the opportunity is presented to me, I've always done my best to try to avoid, even though I've always wanted to go to a particular nightclub.:bang: So the realisation that you've got to take opportunities when life throws them at you, grasp the bull by its horns etc, I'm actually going to go to the nightclub that I've been scoping out for ages with a bit of liquid courage help of course.:wink:

Anyway, I'm wondering what was your first nightclub experience like? Are there any tips that you could give to someone who's gonna go for their first time?

Cheers,
    Kat:thumbsup:

2. Riyuzaki

Riyuzaki Guest

Oufff, now that you mention it, I'm not sure if it was my first time in a nightclub, but it was my first time in one of those disco-styled clubs, and it was also my first time (i think) that I expierenced homophobia (i think it was :confused: ). It was about 4 years ago, I think.
    My class and I were on a school trip (it was beautiful) and one part of it was this disco club. We were having fun and stuff, but I, not knowing how to dance :icon_redf, must have looked extremely gay or something while attempting to do it (shake dat booteh (!) ).
    Anyways, there was this other class from some other school which started partying with us. One guy got behind me and started immitating anal sex with me. Yep, riding. I didn't realise what was going on until a few of my classmates started laughing. Whoops. It was the first time I figured out I didn't know how to dance, but not the last. :icon_redf
    All in all, it seems that when I start dancing I go full John Travolta.

So, advice. If you don't know how to dance, don't. If you want to, drink first. Please. (Dat disco was alcohol free...)

Cheers :wink:

#2 Riyuzaki, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  3. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went to a club with a friend, her boyfriend and one of his friends when I was 23. I drank and danced. It was okay, nothing special.

4. timo

Ha, I honestly don't remember that much about it. It's been so long ago.

It wasn't that good though. I had no idea where I was going or what I was doing, was just joining friends. And their taste in music and clubs is completely different from mine.

These days I know much better where I do (and even more, where I don't) want to go, and who I should ask to which place.

Edit: best advice I can give you? Be awesome, have fun, and don't get so fucking drunk that you won't remember anything. Not worth it.

#4 timo, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  5. Foz

Foz Guest

I was 15 as it was my friend's 16th birthday, everything I knew about clubs was from the TV and Internet and I was just talking it up and acting like I knew it all, we got in but I didn't have a clue what was going on.

I wish I could forget everything from my rebellious phase! :roflmao:

6. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My first time in a night club was last year, when I was 17. I had been invited to this girl's birthday party. I didn't spend much time with her, instead I got drunk and unfortunately ended up having sex with some random guy and for that we were kicked out haha. So embarrassing. At least the experience showed me I don't ever want to mate with a man again.

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wasn't happy but it depends on the person

8. Formality

It was on my 18th birthday with 2 of my friends. I got veeery drunk and we had to walk home to his mothers apartment that was like 4km away, a long walk for a drunk person. Once I got there I started barfing and my friends mom was very kind to help me. I woke up the next day embarrassed to say the least. I had my worst hungover to date. It was really hot out and we had to basically run the same distance back the next morning to catch a bus. I sat in that stinking bus for 1h 30mins in scorching heat all dried up like a desert, feeling sick to my stomach and with a massive headache.... ;_;

I've had some very good and quite a few bad night club experiences. I don't think it's really my scene though. I haven't been to one in months cus I generally dislike the experience.

The only advice I can really give you is don't do tequila shots :lol:

#8 Formality, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  9. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The first time I went to a nightclub was also a night that it was... -2°F? So despite the celebrity DJ (that I was there to see), it was more people standing around shivering than dancing!

The SECOND time I went, it was not the middle of February, and I had a total ball. I'm not a drinker. I'll have one, maybe, before going and dancing. The first few times I went I was so shy and nervous to dance but after that? I let loose. Just relax, don't get wasted, and don't worry. There's far too much going on for anyone to be paying attention to what you're doing. No one's judging you.

I've heard gay clubs are so laid back and accepting, and I've done a few goth clubs too.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm usually asked to play the role of wingman, because I have the ability to captivate and charm. It also helps that most men there are too drunk or too entitled, so it makes me look a thousand times better in comparison. Also, I rarely drink, so my mind stays sharper than those who have been.

My experiences tend to be enjoyable-enough. I'm always paid and thanked for my time and efforts. In fact, a few of the individuals I know met through my being a wingman, and are still together. Those who don't get involved romantically, a lot of them keep contact and are on friendly terms, so my success record is pretty high -- for others. I'm a failure when it comes to me, but I digress...

Some tips I can give you:

Go with folks you like and trust. That should help keep you feeling comfortable.

If you drink, watch yourself. Getting wasted in a club can be fun, but it can also turn ugly. Nothing kills your vibe like vomiting on somebody's shirt, which I have seen happen.

Also, feel free to get out there and dance, because the beautiful thing about drunk people is, 99% of them are terrible dancers. They may think they're Michael Jackson, but that's the alcohol talking. The other 1%, well, they can't dance with everybody, so you won't be alone.

Smile and wave. I know this sounds really basic, but it works. Men tend to lean back and look disinterested or serious gazing which, honestly, gives them the appearance of a stalker or worse. I take advantage of this, because a friendly and upbeat personality makes folks feel welcomed and safe, so really, those with the mean mugging faces, thank you, you're doing me a favor.

Just be comfortable or enjoy yourself, because it is something others pick up on... though you get a little more leeway when others are drunk, that's just how it works.

It'd be interesting how I'd do if I could "pass" as a woman, or what would happen. From a male perspective, I do damn well.

#10 Kaiser, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  11. Box

Box

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This ^

Also, it might be a good idea to go with at least one friend who is not single.
    Single people have a tendency to disappear, especially at the end of the night.:rolle:

My first time was nothing special. I went with a few friends. We danced and drank. Having a normal conversation was pretty much impossible since the music was loud as hell.
    Nothing special, really.

12. VacantPlanets

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went down on the hottest little chick with short magenta hair in the women's restroom. It was.....memorable. lol

13. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First Club Experience...

It was the 30th of December my girl friend had just broken up with her on-and-off again boyfriend. She was in this state of "woman empowerment" and "I'm finally free", and begged me to go out. We went out with friends and drank at a drinking lounge. After two bottles of Cognac we felt that the night was still young, so we hopped to a somewhat near bye club. The moment we entered I was in sensory overload but in a good way. The lights, the sounds, the dancing, the lit up screen... everything seemed so exciting. We got a standing table near the dance floor and just danced and drank some more. Eventually going around we met some acquaintances we had at medical school. They themselves had a seated table. So what we ended up doing was merging our groups. The ones who wanted to dance would move to the standing table. The ones who wanted to rest a bit or to just talk went to sit at the other table. It was 6am by the time we left.

Advice...

If I am gonna give any advice to a would be club goer it is to loosen up and be open. The biggest apprehension most people have when invited to a club is that they don't know anyone or at the very least only know so and so there. They have this mental image that they won't fit in. The reality is in the club scene you don't really have control of who the persons whom are gonna be joining you. The way it works is you bring your friends, they bring their own friends, who then bring their own friends. It's a pretty big social sphere that full of friends, acquaintances and "who the hell is that?" All you got to do is be open in talking to them, smiling at them, heck even dance with them. At the end of the night (morning) you'll end up making new friends.

#13 Blue787Bunny, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  14. lemons123

Well, loud....

15. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Too long ago, I don't really remember. I think...it might have been a gay bar? Either that or one of the 2 most popular clubs at the time, both overly loud, college type places. I've had both good and bad experiences at clubs. But considering I'm introverted and can't dance, I really enjoy going to clubs. It does depend who you go with and where you go. (When I lived in the Canadian oil sands I refused to go to the bars/clubs because I definitely did not feel safe, even with my 6'2, 200lbs boyfriend at the time.)

General advice:
    It is best to go with a 'gaurd' if you're female (or look female), 'cause some guys are stupid desperate.
    Watch your drink and how much you're drinking. (Especially if you're dancing because you won't notice.)
    Don't take off your clothes, you will forget them/lose them. (thankfully not personal experience!)
    No one will notice if you can't dance that well, just enjoy!

Have fun!! :slight_smile:

16. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first experience was alright-ish. Got asked for a dance, even though I can't really dance. Didn't go too badly though. But I felt out of place, uncomfortable and just awkward. I've only been to nightclubs about two or three times following the first, and can never quite fit in comfortably. I don't do public dancing and don't drink a lot either, so there's not really any reason for me to go to nightclubs, apart from meeting new people. Which is equally hard because I don't know how to continue the conversation past "Hello" :rolle:

17. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people