1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much older/younger would you date?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LonelyBiGirl82, Sep 1, 2015.

1. LonelyBiGirl82

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What is your age limit when it comes to dating?

:icon_wink

2. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not gonna date anyone over 45. I can't even think of you as a sexual being below the age of 20.

#2 RawringSnake, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  3. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably a year or two older. But then again I don't really know, I could date someone who's a year older and they act like a toats twit. Or I could date someone in their thirties and they could be my amazing knight in shining armour.. it could also be vice versa.

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I were to date now, I won't date more than a year or two older or younger. Because then they're in highschool or supporting themselves and I feel like there'd be a maturity gap.

5. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At my age, too much of an age gap would be a bit odd. I would say at the moment, I would probably only go 1 year younger, and maybe 2 years older. I guess it would really depend on the maturity difference though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No more than 2-3 years younger or older than me.

7. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most would probably be 5 years in either direction. Though I'd more comfortably be within 2 years, and preferably with me on the older end.

8. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I can't go younger then 16-17.. I'm nearly 20 myself. I can't go older then 30ish. I personally would prefer a girl to be a little older then me! I guess as long as she's cute and I love her like she loves me age wouldn't be an issue! In terms of preference though.. Yeah I'd go with no younger then 16-17 no older then 30. Age does become a problem if she's like 35-40 though.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Age itself wouldn't really be a deterrent from dating (if somebody under 18 comes up to me and asks me out, I am going to believe it's a trap). But I assume you mean long-term, a lead up to the "are we serious?" stage.

I could probably work with early 20s, but we'd be going our own paces in life. Ideally, somebody no less than 5 years (24) would be great, since we should be in or around the same place in terms of experience. Maybe not for everything, but the basics. But it works the other way too, with somebody older; I don't want to feel like a hindrance or somebody to be coddled through life, and the older somebody is, the greater this may become likely.

That said, I do have a weakness for cougars.

10. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

At my age, the youngest would be 18 because that's the legal age in my area & the oldest is 4 years older than me.

11. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I could go with up to 3 years younger and for older, it would really depend. I'm not too keen on dating older people because of how young I look. I'd much prefer being the older one in the relationship.

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About 5 years either side.

13. MsAnchor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    within ten years older and 2-3 years younger

14. kyoujin

I would not date anyone younger than me, but would date as old as they are still attractive to me. Which probably wouldn't be past the 50's.

The person I like now is in his late 40's. Due to being Japanese, he doesn't look it at all though..

#14 kyoujin, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  15. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    2 years older, 2 years younger.
    I've dated someone who turned out to be five years younger than me, and that did NOT work out. Our brains were at different stages developmentally, and they lacked life-experience. I've also dated someone who was 3 years younger than me, and while that went better, it still wasn't quite satisfying.
    The other way around, I've dated someone who was 3 years older than me, and that did not work out either due to ME being the one seemingly lacking in experience.

I'm not saying relationships with age-differences won't work out for other people, but it's important for me to be at the same stage mentally, when it comes to intelligence, life experiences, and maturity, as my significant other.
    Otherwise I won't thrive. I'll either feel like I'm not being challenged, or like the other person isn't.

#15 Berru, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  16. CyanChachki

I would say about 2 or 3. I've dated people who where out of that 2-3 year range and it was chaotic. One of them is the reason why I haven't been looking for anyone. Friends are definitely out of the picture. I've dated many of my friends that ended up in shambles, only to never talk again.

17. bidemi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    AS an 18yr old,i'll say btw 1 or 2yrs younger,while 1-7 years older

18. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been trying to contemplate this myself. I wouldn't wanna feel like a "creepy old guy" dating someone too much younger, and I'm also not looking to cruise nursing homes for potential dates. I think above all, I'd just wanna find someone I'm compatible with and who is just on the same wavelength as me. Find that, and age probably wouldn't matter much.

19. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess for a serious long-term relationship somewhat around the same age is good. When you're around the same stage of life and life experience it's more likely that it will last long.
    I never was in a relationship with someone a lot older or younger, so I can't really say... but I would give it a try!
    I'd say the person should be over 18 at least...Well, and older...I'd even give it a try with someone past 40 or so, why not.

20. Sky82

To be age means nothings, it's just a number. I have ex's who are 20 yrs older and an ex 8yrs younger. As long as they are over 18 I'm good. This belief of older people being more mature and not up for as much fun or not in the same place as someone on their 20's isnt true. My ex who is now 56, lives life like a 25 yr old. Granted she is soooo hot and can get away with being in her 30s but she lives a youthful life. As long as you connect with a person surely age isn't an issue.