1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only a few months left

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Simple Thoughts, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Simple Thoughts

December is coming up pretty quickly.

In just a few months I'll be living in a new state far away from here. I've been saving back money, and hopefully that continues to go along well. If I can save back enough money to cover myself for a few months rent I should have more than enough time to find a new job, and hopefully the change of scenery will do some good for me.

I am a little nervous though. I mean I've kinda lived where I have all my life, so this will be a whole new experience for me, not that it's a bad thing or anything, ya know?

I feel kinda bad about the whole not telling anyone part though. My plan so far is to pretty much just be there one day, and be gone the next. No explanations. Probably a dick move or something, but eh I'm sure nobody would really miss me anyways. I sit in my room all day on the internet, hardly worth remembering. Ah well. Hopefully that'll change.

I'm planning to get out more, do more things, go more places. I also need to try and keep myself focused. Stay active with my art, keep myself busy with learning animation. Start figuring out where I can find people to do music and voice acting ( or learn myself ).

Well California is a pretty big place, much larger fur community than around here. I'll figure something out ^-^

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

When I reach my financial goal, I'll be doing something similar.

I don't ever want to be around my family again. But this brings with it one huge problem... often times we're told that if somebody doesn't talk about or hang out with their family, that they are hiding something. It also doesn't help that folks are told, how somebody treats their family is some kind of indicator to how they will be treated.

But for me to successfully transition, I need to get away. Start fresh and new. It would also help me socially, I believe, as the bulk of those I semi-regularly mingle with, know of how I used to be and have a hard time letting that image go.

The other thing that bothers me is, my job at the library is only 3-4 hours on Saturday, but it pays as if I work 40 hours a week. I highly doubt such a job would exist anywhere else, and this too is a secondary reason for me not wanting to leave. I won't find a job that pays like that and has the benefit of a lot of free time, which is how I'm able to stay active and crank out stuff weekly for the local paper, as well as not feel overwhelmed by work.

California isn't my top choice. I'd like to stay in the Midwest or on the East coast. Those prices out West for living are ridiculous...

How do you intend to go about scouting for employment? I'm curious.

3. Simple Thoughts

My plan is the same as it's been with everything in life. Winging it.

No seriously. It'll be a two front approach: 1.) Walk around and just look for opportunities and 2.) Look around online and fill out applications.

California honestly isn't my first choice either, but a friend lives there and me and my bf are moving out that way so we'll be near someone who's familiar with the area and can help us out ( plus he can look at places in person on our behalf )

Not planning to do anything like transition, but I do want to get in shape and explore feminine clothing a bit. I'm not sure how far I'll wind up taking it, but I'd like to experiement and figure myself out. Something I couldn't do here. No privacy, and no acceptance around here.

#3 Simple Thoughts, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  4. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My friends are cutting and running from Florida in with us in Michigan for the exact same reason. They're staying over. They need to be out. They need to get away. They're planning on coming up here in late October/early November and we're getting a house together in December or January.

#4 xxCHAOTIC, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Simple Thoughts

Funny we're taking a pitstop in Michigan for a convention before heading to Cali XD

6. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    We have the best conventions. :grin:

7. Simple Thoughts

Hopefuly, It'll be my first ever x3

8. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm in with the local rennies and steampunks. So I'm pretty well familiar with a lot of the staff and dealers at the nerdy stuff!

#8 xxCHAOTIC, Sep 2, 2015
  9. Simple Thoughts

Well there is some sorta furcon going on Midwest Furfest I guess it's called. I'm a bit excited to get to experience it, and my boyfriend will be there with me. It's gonna be awesome :3

When I hit my 1 year at work ( in October ) I'm gonna get my vacation days and I'm gonna go into the office and give them hell about the raise I was promised at 90 days and never even got. ( Seriously the starting in pay now is more money than I make and I've been there nearly a year ;_; ) Anyways...after I get them to finally give me a raise I'm gonna just cash in my vacation days ( Won't need em really )

10. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yuuuup know at least a couple people that'll be there. Two of the head steampunk people are also furries. I think thats the one that replaced FCN? LMFAO you'll have fun. I live for cons and our con community here is AWESOME.

11. Simple Thoughts

I'm excited. I love the idea of new experiences :3