1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoo ideas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another one of those threads, I'm sorry guys! :icon_redf

I am looking into getting another tattoo sometime soon, but I have a problem: I'm torn between two ideas and need some advice, please.

I either want just the word, "Believe" by itself, or accompanied by a feather. I can't decide which of the two to go with. I am sure that I want the word "believe" on there, but I don't know if it's a good idea to add the feather. I could probably tattoo "believe" and then add the feather if I decide to at a later stage, which would be better than tattooing both and then regretting my choice. What are your thoughts on this?

My idea was inspired by this picture, sans the angel or whatever that is. I just like the font, and the star as a dot for the "i".

The placement is a definite decision: On my inner front arm.

I've already touched the subject with my mom of wanting another tattoo, but I'm not sure she actually realized what I was saying, because it was when my cousin, mom and myself passed a tattoo shop and my cousin asked if I got my last tattoo there. I said no, but I want to try them out (I've made a thread about this, Another tattoo, another tattoo shop? And got helpful replies). I've done some research, and the other tattoo shop checks out alright, so I feel confident that I will have a positive experience with them. So that part is sorted. Now my only indecision is whether or not to add the feather :confused:

I've printed out the "believe" picture and I still like it a month or two later.

I have to add though, if I choose to include the feather, my artist will have to design it himself. Meaning, he has to curve the word to follow the curve of the feather. The feather I have in mind, looks like this left middle one, but it has to be a bit more horizontal. The feather will represent freedom to me. "Believe (in) freedom". According to a website, the symbolic meanings for feathers are "Truth; Speed; Lightness; Flight; Ascension". But I added "freedom" to the list. Just makes sense to me.

What are your thoughts and/or suggestions?

2. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm all for people getting whatever tattoos they want! Your body is your own canvas, and whatever you decide to paint on it is beautiful. It's your own skin.

I do have a thing for feathers myself so naturally I think you should go for the feather. A few of the ones I have planned have feathers, birds, or quills in them.

3. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're not 100% sure on the feather, I'd hold off for now. As you said, you can always add it on later :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I finally decided what to get as my fourth tattoo! Instead of making the word the focus point, I've decided to make the feather the focus point, with the word in a small-ish font next to it. I think this looks great, and just wanted to share it with you (for those who are interested anyway, lol). The feather is going to be two different shades of blue, with white highlights, and the shadow and word is going to be in black ink. I am so excited and I haven't even set a date to have it done yet, lol.

Anyway, I've attached the design, because words alone cannot explain what I want :grin:

Attached Files:

5. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to get a few tattoos too, one of them being a tramp stamp with the words penetrate my soul written in cursive.

6. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's deep. I'm sure it would look great on you :slight_smile:

7. MsAnchor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i would love to have a tattoo of a peace dove
    I love the font used for the words believe, keep looking till you settle for an idea and i would suggest doing it in henna first to see how it will turn out in ink

8. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think doves make great tattoos. I'm sure yours would look great too.

The font I used is "French Script MJ". I like the henna idea, thanks

9. AfraidandAlone

In considering getting two tattoos one my boss us drawing for me. It is going to be a bucks head and neck standing broad side with its head turned with the date my grandma died. All my best memories from my childhood were with my grandma hunting. The other one I want is a wolf's head silhouette on a full moon on my other shoulder.

10. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds awesome. I'm sure your grandmother is looking down on you, and is bursting with pride. What an amazing way to honour her. The wolf's head sounds stunning too