1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit stressful this year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrSkittles, Sep 4, 2015.

1. MrSkittles

Got my schedule for my Sophomore year in high school and there is SO MANY classes on there. I barley have any free time because of all my classes and I feel like this could get a bit stressful. I honestly really don't know what to do about this.

2. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It's scary how everbody takes school so seriously...
    I never study or do homework and I'm totally fine every year.

3. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    In the US they kinda beat into your head that high school will haunt you for the rest of your life. I don't know what is like in Italy.

As a college student though, try to relax. If you start to feel overwhelmed, be open about it with your teachers and school staff and I'm sure they can find ways to accommodate you. Educators care about your education at the end of the day, more than they do your grade in their class.

4. Lyana

What do you mean exactly by "barely any free time"? What are the hours?

Every year is something new and different to get used to. I'm sure you'll be fine once you figure out what rhythm suits you. See it as practice for your future -- balancing a schedule is a very valuable skill.

You only just got your schedule. Don't get ahead of yourself -- maybe once you're actually having the classes, you'll realize it's manageable. If you really do feel stressed, you might consider talking to your parents or a school counselor. Your teen years shouldn't be a time for stress.

5. MrSkittles

Like, I barley have a study hall or something just to sit and relax and read a book or something. the only time is lunch.

6. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I actually didn't have a study hall in any of my years in highschool. Like. It wasn't a thing in my district.

Try to relax now though. You never know. Some of your classes could be a breeze and you'll have the time to just kinda take a breather and let your mind rest.