1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSA's in the UK?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grungeteen, Sep 4, 2015.

1. grungeteen

This is mostly a question for those living in the UK (and still in secondary school).
    Do GSA's exist in schools in the UK? I know that in many American high schools, there is a GSA but I've never actually heard of one hear in the UK.

I'm thinking of maybe asking to start a GSA in my school but I dont know how and I'm too shy to ask and stuff. Most people at my school will have never heard of a GSA or anything.

2. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe they do exist in some UK schools! They just occasionally go by other names - LGBT groups, etc. They definitely exist in colleges and universities, my college had one and everyone I know at uni has reported one existing at their universities.

I did my best to set one up in my school, but being in Year 11 at the time and in a very "traditional" village school didn't give me the best chances, haha. But if you're in an open-minded environment (or at least one that isn't actively opposed like my school obviously was), definitely go ahead and give it your best shot. :slight_smile: It'd potentially be a great opportunity to meet new people and create a supportive environment for any other LGBT folks at your school.