1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

middle east conflict

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steve, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    i was just wondering what you guys think about the crissi in isreal and palestine ..

i dont agree to the bombing as it injures alot of innocent and devesates gaza witch as already seen very poor . . but then on the other side i say that if hammas dosnt stop their bombing well its going to crush the palestianian conntry if they dont stop bombing and some how find a way to negotate peacefully

2. Shevanel

why can't we all just ... get along? It'll never end i know that... but as much of an optimist as i am, peace is unnattainable sadly :frowning2: damn human nature :frowning2:

3. Steve

the soucre to all war and conflict is religion ...thats my opinion atleast these days

4. Shevanel

yeah, but i don't think religion is evil at all. people just don't know how to be tolerant about anything. its sad.

5. lordjord96

to be truthfull......i dont really care and i hope all terrirists die for what they did..london bombings....9/11....spain under ground. but i hate innercent people being killed.

6. Steve

oh i dont care about the terrorist they eventully end up exploding somewhere .. just hope they dont take anyone else with thwem

7. Shevanel

well yeah, i hear ya there.. I lost ppl in 9/11. oh well. Idk, you guys should watch the movie The Kingdom, its a pretty decent movie, but has a pretty realistic message at the end. :frowning2:

8. starfish

I'm so out of the loop on this one that I really don't know what is going on.

Honestly seems like there is always some sort of conflict there so I generally ignore the news reports.

9. Zoiek

Israel is performing severe airstrikes on the Gaza Strip because Hamas (a Palestinian parliamentary organisation often accused of being terrorist) won't stop firing rockets into Israel because Hamas thinks Israel should be destroyed to be replaced with Palestine.

In my opinion, Israel has no other option; Hamas will not stop firing rockets into Israel when Israel tries a ceasefire - what else can Israel do but retaliate? A senior Hamas leader was recently killed in one of their airstrikes and I see that as a positive sign. Israel does try to target Hamas buildings and places from where rockets are being fired at Israel. However, if Israel doesn't manage to crush Hamas within Gaza and they continue to fire rockets - Israel will probably look very foolish being that all these innocent Palestinians have been killed by their airstrikes. Although, Israel is thinking of sending soldiers and tanks into Gaza - which will increase pressure on Hamas - so we'll see how that goes I suppose.

10. Shevanel

its like a catch22 or something. its not fair :frowning2: oh well. :frowning2:. somethings gotta be done.

11. Steve

basicly the palestinians are very smart .. fireing rockets into isreal .. then when isreal strikes back they through rocks .. trying to make every one think they are still figthing and that they are being bullyed by there nightbor

if hamas wants to blame any one for isreal taking over most of the palestian terrotory in 1948 they can blame eygpt syria, jordan , lebanon for sending a mass attack one day after the british left isreal and then isreal won the war taking over most of the palestinian terriroty at the same time

12. Zoiek

Hmm, I know it's slightly off topic - but I think it is rather unfair that so much of Palestine was replaced by Israel. In terms of basic fairness, only, though. I have no objection to countries which oppress human rights such as Palestine being replaced with fair nations such as Israel.

13. Steve

i dont get what your trying to say ..but i think isreal should give palestine more land back specially from the west bank

14. Zoiek

I mean that it's unfair that Palestine was just wiped away for a place for Israel to be, but on the other hand I don't care because Palestine isn't a "good" nation politically.

I'm unsure of the solution, but the way Palestine handles human rights makes me question its validity as a nation. A new, peaceful government of Palestine willing to work with Israel and improve human rights seems to be the solution.

15. Steve

well i dont think the PLO is bad its hammas that are the bad people

16. EM68

I really do not blame Israel. They have been victims for years from missiles and suicide bombers for years. They have every right to defend themselves. Hamas has been bombing and launching missiles without any regard to civilians. The Israelis have called Hamas leaders to tell them to clear out civilians before they launch their attacks to limit casualties.

17. Steve

whats the funny thing is hammas have being bombing isreal for years yet i dont think they have reached ass much victims as isreal has got in 3 days

yes bu thats sad very sad that so many innocent are paying for this with their lives

18. Ty

Ty

Israel gives Palestine back a sizeable amount of land and gives it access to the sea. That way it will be able to trade easily and perhaps develop somewhat. Then the Arabs can't moan as much.

In regard to the Gaza strip, I think Israel should just annex it and build infrastructure there so peoples lifes can improve, thus making extremist groups like Hamas unpopular.

19. Steve

gaza is on the meddterianian sea ... if isreal annex it they will continue to cry

20. Zoiek

The PLO have been involved in terrorist attacks within Israel plenty of times, they don't try to obtain Palestinian territory by peaceful methods.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/plo.htm -
    In the early 1970s, several groups affiliated with the PLO carried out numerous international terrorist attacks. By the mid-1970s, under international pressure, the PLO claimed it would restrict attacks to Israel and the occupied territories. Several terrorist attacks were later carried out by groups affiliated with the PLO/Fatah, including the Hawari Group, the Palestine Liberation Front, and Force 17, against targets inside and outside Israel.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode22/usc_sec_22_00005201----000-.html

#20 Zoiek, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009