1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A perceptive and assumptive personality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Sep 4, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok i am trying to wrap my around this because i never been around this messed up kind of person before and i kept being nice to him and giving him a chance to get to know me but last night it finally blew up in my face even as i knew it would. Well he basically takes everything you say and twists it around to mean whatever he thinks it means and no matter how many times you explain yourself he continues to believe what whatever he wants to believe. He is completely sarcastic and rude. Last night I told finally i don't deserve your attitude and he just went off on me and told me never to speak to him again lecturing me about all these assumptions he has about me that i have pushed back on. It sad when a person treats you this way but I have to never speak to this kind of guy ever again. Despite all this he has a lot of physical ailments that might make him act this way right now and he does not know what he is talking about but it just gets to me when people completely have a false view of you.

2. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what you said, he basically has a personality problem, either from his condition or him simply being an ass.

Personally if I were you I'd ignore him. If you think he's acting this way cuz of his condition, you could try to help? him till you have enough. When he acts this way he pushes others away, and you should make him understand that. If he's basically being an ass...I see no reason why you're still his friend. Really.

3. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sounds like someone is bitter and angry. While that may be a totally valid and understandable reaction to his circumstances it isn't so much for his behavior. Being in pain, suffering, and despair can warp your perceptions of things and cause you to hear what your misery wants to hear. Twisting things around to suit its own needs. I have some mental illnesses that can cause me to act like that, but I'm aware of it and consciously try to keep my tongue in check.

Give it a little time to let him cool off and see if he apologizes on his own. If he's still being an ass, try talking about it more calmly and diplomatically. Instead of coming off on the offensive or defensive, try to come from a more mutual standpoint. "Can we talk about what's going on?" As a lead in versus "you need to knock it off."

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. Whatever it is I am not gonna contact him until he contacts me which i doubt he will thought. When he gets an attitude with me usually i wait a few days and respond to him and he will respond back more calmly. But this is a game he plays and he has been playing for as long as i known him. He will complain that I am not hanging out with him and no matter how many times i make a suggestion to hang out he back outs for some reason but still puts the blame on me for not ever hanging out. Basically he turns, twists, and puts everything on you and tries to shed me in bad light every chance he gets. He is not worth it.

He basically injured his bad at work and has a severe back injury, broke his ankle, and is severely obese as he says. So he is in a lot of pain and working to improve his life. But at the same time I cannot handle his attitude and his games as much as they maybe a part of his current condition. But this last time he was or seemed a lot more angry so I am done at least for awhile.

5. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have a similar attitude problem. I'm working with a therapist to improve my life from it and break myself free of it.

That being said, absolutely draw a line and set up a boundary. If he's been like this as long as you've known and its this bad, don't feel like you need to stay in his life just because he's in pain. It doesn't much seem like he wants to get a better attitude so, that's his choice. That's his problem. If you need to get out of the friendship don't feel bad about it. It sounds like that's what you're wrestling with.

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. Yeah I don't feel bad really at all it was more of a texting thing and we actually have not meet in person yet. it does not seem like he wanted to be friends to begin with so I am not too upset about it what can you do.