1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I'm having anxiety attacks.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mateo, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Mateo

Hi guy I need help.:help: i'm having pretty bad anxiety attacks about coming out to my brothers right know and I need some one to talk to. I don't care who or what just something to help me calm down.

I have no one around right now to talk to personally without letting them know whats going on. I'm not suicidal just prone to anxiety attacks and right now its making me light headed and short of breath.

2. dt85

dt85 Guest

As someone who is recovering from panic disorder, I can assure you that having an anxiety attack won't, and can't, kill you. Take a deep breath, hold it for three seconds, release, and repeat. Know that this is a temporary sensation, and everything is going to be okay. It will pass. :slight_smile:

#2 dt85, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
  3. Mateo

Thank you. I'm doing what you say and i'm not as short of breath as I was but i'm still light headed

4. dt85

dt85 Guest

That's normal. Sometimes if I have a panic attack I will become light headed and all of my limbs go numb. But it doesn't bother me as much anymore because I know it will pass. Keep taking deep breaths. Your blood-oxygen and adrenaline levels will even out and you'll be back to your old self in no time.

5. Mateo

thank you, I'm feeling a little better. I currently try to right a coming out letter to my brothers which is triggering my attacks but at the same time its making me feel a lot lighter. hopefully once its sent the attacks will pass.

6. Mateo

I want to thank you so much you helped me calm down enough to finish my letter and send it. I had a talk with my brothers and all went well. I feel like a little wight has been lifted off my shoulders.