1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About love

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, Sep 5, 2015.

1. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Hi guys :slight_smile:

I came across this quote in the internet.

[​IMG]

Do you agree with the quote?

-That we should wait for love to find us instead of us searching for them?
    -That finding love is dependent on fate?

I mean there are some people who find love quickly in an instant while there are some others who spend their whole life finding their love but in vain. So, I do wonder whether love is fated.

Would like to hear your opinions. :slight_smile:

2. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not a huge believer in the idea behind the quote, myself. Mainly, I think finding love is what you make of it - those who wait for it to come to them may potentially never find it...or it might drop into their laps. So if that's how a person approaches love, I suppose in the quote does apply! Leave it down to luck, and sure, it'll be 100% down to luck, haha.

The rest of the time, though, I think that while there's an element of chance (there's no sure-fire way to ensure you cross paths with someone who's just right for you) it's mainly about being open to opportunities and exploring those opportunities. Most people can tell when someone else is someone they have a lot in common with and will potentially really get along with after all, so pursuing those kinds of relationships increases one's likelihood of coming across someone you really gel with. :slight_smile:

That's just my personal perspective, though!

3. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Go tell that to those closeted 80 years old.

4. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um I kinda believe it, I mean, it happened to me. I met this girl who's my friend eight years ago and I've only just realized that I've been in love with her since the moment I met her. It just depends on who you are and what you're like. I don't know how I would feel about her if I hadn't met her in camp between kindergarten and first grade since I never had a class with her throughout elementary school. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: this is complicated

5. Lyana

I don't know if I agree with the quote. The first part, maybe, but I don't really believe in destiny, even if I'd like to. The second part of the quote sounds romantic for sure, but not very down-to-earth.

However -- I agree that people shouldn't go "searching for" love as if it's something that's missing in their life, as if being single is so horrible. But I also don't think people should be "waiting" for it. To me that implies both impatience and passivity. Like, I'm waiting for summer to be over so I can see my uni friends again. I'm not "desperately waiting" for something good to happen to me out of the blue.

6. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I agree with Lyana.
    People shouldn't be searching desperately for love, but if they just sit around waiting for it to fall in their lap, they might have a looong wait ahead of them.

I don't really believe in fate and predetermined paths of life, but I can't really rule it out either.
    I think we do, to some extent, create our own fates.

7. lemons123

NO, I hope it's not true :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

But yeah, I may agree...

8. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As with anything, it's a bit of both.

There is *definitely* such a thing as trying too hard and overthinking and expecting/seeking a relationship when you have nothing to contribute to it...basically seeking love when you are not prepared to receive or give love. Stop trying. Live your f-ing life...for *you*. Learn to love yourself and the world, so that you have some love to share with another person...*then* when you are overflowing with your own love, love will find you.

And on the other hand, finding love is not a completely passive thing either. If you sit in your apartment playing videogames all day, it isn't just going to happen. You have to put yourself out there and put energy/openness out there. That is not the same as seeking. It is being open to being found...making yourself available for love.

So I think the quote is more right than wrong...it just sounds a bit too passive and fatalistic. You don't have to do anything to find love. But you can't do nothing. I fear that the quote promotes the idea that there's nothing you can do, and that you can do nothing at all and still find love. It's not quite *that* simple. But it's *almost* that simple.

9. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree 100% with it

10. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Really well said. :eusa_clap ...and something I can relate to.

(&&&)

11. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep. I agree with the quote. It makes sense, as most of us meet our crushes (and later on the love(s) of our lives) in unusual circumstances which makes us believe in miracles and that Cupid's at work.

12. C P

C P

It varies.

I don't believe that there is someone for everyone, but it's a little bit of both of those for the lot who do have someone.

Either way, it's just a silly cliché saying, as far as in concerned.

13. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Thanks for sharing your opinions guys :slight_smile:

14. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't say I fully agree or disagree-it's more of both, to work for it, while waiting for it. Working too hard makes you seem desperate, while simply waiting...it's hard to find love, too. I can't say I believe in destiny and fate, but more of working for it yourself. It's nothing similar to waiting for an apple to fall into your lap-you need to work for it, and sometimes, it'll fall into your hand.