1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobic songs/chants

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From reading the title, you'd probably think this belongs in the entertainment and media section, but let me explain. You see when I'm on about homophobic songs I don't mean the kind in music charts/lists or anything like that. What I mean is the kind in day to day life. If that makes any sense. :confused:

When I was younger I was at a playground once and a bunch of girls who were a lot younger than me were hogging the equipment. It was one of those roundabout things you sometimes see in play areas. Anyways, one of them got off the roundabout and I took the opportunity to get a place on it. They were all giggling away at something, and I had heard one of them singing away (or rather yelling) before. She then started singing (if you can call it that) and the lyrics were um... well they weren't great. I didn't think that much about it at the time (although I remember feeling a bit annoyed about it) but looking back at it I realise now that the song they were singing was kinda messed up. I don't know if she made it up or if she had heard it somewhere, but I don't think she knew what she was saying really. Or at least the implications of it. :dry:

Before I was outed, people would make up chants about me. They weren't too bad but it was hard trying to be in the closet and trying to convince others I was straight when I had people not believing me and chanting back at me. I eventually cracked and admitted it one day. They then outed me to a bunch of people despite the fact I had told them over a PRIVATE message, I still have no idea how I managed to be friends with them for so long. I don't talk to them anymore after what happened.:eusa_danc:tantrum::eusa_doh:

So, has anyone here gone through something similar and want to share their experiences about it? (*hug*)

#1 Canterpiece, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015