1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing your name...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EmberFawn, Sep 5, 2015.

1. EmberFawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not struggling with gender identity, but I've always kinda wanted to change my name to a more gender-neutral name, and I don't really know why. It may be partly because I don't really like my name. I don't particularly hate it, but I don't like it either. I don't feel like it fits me.
    Anyone else like this?

2. CyanChachki

There are many people like you. It really it up to you, you can do as you feel. All I can say is make sure that you really want that name. Use it as a nickname for about a year before you change it, though. I know for myself, it was fairly hard to find a name that suited me well.

3. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, for me I feel the same as you do. I don't particularly like my name-both first and last. Both are the most common in my country. It's kinda like how common John Smith is. Anyway, as CyanChachki said, using a nickname for some time before officially changing your name is a good idea. It also makes you used to being called that, and to check if it suits you fine.

Good luck with choosing a name, too!