1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are women more likely to be bi than men?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainDreamer, Sep 6, 2015.

1. RainDreamer

[YOUTUBE]MHz61Hc34kE[/YOUTUBE]

What do you think?

2. lemons123

This has been debated a lot over the last 10 years...it's like these videos seem more like "Captain Obvious" thing these days, rather than some sort of shocking news.
    The bigger question is whether they're minority and how many not if it's more common than males.

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I don't really believe that there is more bisexual women than men more that women happen to be more ''allowed'' to be bisexual than males are. Bi-sexual man face discrimination from ALL side, straight females, gay men and even from some Bi-sexual women, they are also much more likely to be physically harassed etc... than us, bi-female as they are considered by a lot of people as 'closeted gay' with all the clichés and stereotype that that implies.
    Let's be honest it's much harder for a gay man to be out than it is for a female, So it would take some guts for a man to admit his attraction towards other men when he can 'easily' hide behind the straight label by going out with a female.
    As a bi-woman, when the time came to be out I wasn't afraid of being persecuted or have my 'straight-side' undermined etc... because it's not necessarily something bi-women have to face, quite the opposite actually. As a bi-woman I knew I would be fetishized and seen as a 'threesome option' or as a straight girl going through a 'bi-phase' for attention or to turn on other males because this are real prejudice that we have to face from the male community. Highly annoying ? Yes, but ignorable.
    While I feel like as a bi-man people tend to cancel your attraction toward women the second you mention you also play for the same team. Women start discriminating because they are afraid they'll be cheated on with another male and become afraid of HIV and stuff like that while some Gay men don't want to have anything to do with someone they consider isn't true to himself as ''not fully out of the closet ".

That's sad, but that's what I noticed tend to happen for bi-men in the straight as well as in the LGBT community. So if I was them I too probably wouldn't be screaming it down the streets. I personally think people need more awareness when it comes to bisexuality in general but mostly when it comes to male-bisexuality so the bad stereotypes would stop prejudicing them, and us, bisexuals.