1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking Things Personally?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sugar, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If a stranger says something disrespecful to me I don`t take it personally (unless it is clearly an attack) so i could brush it off and not get angry. But if a family member or partner sais something about me I get really offended and mad, even if they are just expressing how they feel.

What about you guys?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont think your mad i think it happens to everybody but sometimes we are more sensitive than others and some people are naturally more sensitive than others.
    In my opinion the reason it doesnt matter so much when a stranger says it is that we dont value their opinion as much whereas if someone close says it its closer to the heart.

It depends on the situation but sometimes it can be good to hear things even if they are a little upsetting, but i usually try to concentrate on what they are saying and why they are saying it, as if i can see that they are saying it to try and help me sometimes it can take some of the anger or whatever out of it.