1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stretching ear lobes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tentacles, Sep 8, 2015.

1. tentacles

To those who has stretched ear lobes: how was the proccess for you? Tell me about your experience, please :slight_smile:

2. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    It took me like 5-7yrs to stretch to 1/2" I was slow with it and let my ears have plenty od time to heal, never had the punched, nor used.tapers.

I wrapped electrical tape over small plugs til I got up to the next size. When they were still very small.I used nails or the inside of pens and anything I could get my hands on, really.

3. timo

I'm at 6.5mm (~1/4" if I'm right). Took me about 6 months, and I'm at this size for 3.5 years now.

I sticked to the 'regular' healing times of one month per mm which was enough for me. Never really had any problems with it.

I used proper tapers (like these) and special ear-lobe-stretching-lube to stretch to the next size. Really kids, if you plan on stretching yr lobes, use these. Don't skip sizes. And if you feel pain, stop. Stretching should be painless, you shouldn't feel more than a fair bit of pressure.

#3 timo, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  4. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Agree with Timo, if it hurts, you are going too fast. I had done that before and its no good. I dont think "proper equipment" is a requirement as long as you are clean and safe with what you use, dont be shoving dirty things in your ear nor use unsafe types of lube. definitely think taking it slow is very important to allow ears to heal and recover.

5. BlueRazzberry

Out Status:
    A few people
    I started stretching my ears in 2006. I was an idiot about it, shoving random things in my ears, stretching too fast, bad stretching techniques, etc. until about 2010. I went through tons of infections and tears until I ended up with bad cat buttholes. I never got much further than 5/8's of an inch. I started stretching my ears properly and made it all the way to 1 1/8 inch but unfortunately lost both plugs while moving, and broke, so my ears sized back down. Now I'm back at 5/8's, no more cat butt, and my ears are thick (although they were to start with) and happy. :slight_smile:

Here's my personal stretching do's and don'ts list.

Don't dry stretch (use lube. VASELINE IS NOT LUBE)

don't wear tapers as jewelry (it can unevenly pull your ear in different directions. blowouts happen this way)

use natural material as much as possibly (stone, bone, wood, etc.) or a good metal. Make sure you test which ones are best for you.

don't stretch with silicone. in fact, stay away from it. period. It won't do you any good and you can always find cheap plugs that look better and work better with your ears.

don't force a stretch. especially before your ears are ready. make sure there's a gap when you pull on your ear. Stretching should never hurt.

(smaller sizes 16g-1/2 inch) TAPERS ARE MEANT FOR STRETCHING, NOT JEWELRY.
    (bigger sizes 9/16+) You shouldn't even be using tapers to stretch at this point. You should be wearing plugs with evenly distributed weight (not weights. those will stretch the bottom portion and thin it out), pulling the ears down until you can see a gap. Over time, you'll get the idea of what and how much of a gap to look for.

wait to stretch until you notice that your ear has all of the signs that it's ready to stretch, and then wait 2, 3 more weeks. (about 2 months total time works for me) Just because your ears seem ready, doesn't mean they are.

Tape is tempting, I did it, too. It only fucked me over in the end. It worked for small sizes, but once I started getting around 3/4 inch, my ear couldn't handle stretching anymore. If you're going to use it... bondage tape. But still be careful how much you use and how often.

Don't be in a rush to stretch. Enjoy the size your at and give your ears a break. And once you're at a good stopping point, don't sleep or shower with your plugs in. Your ears will thank you! and it won't be a hassle getting your jewelry back in since your ears have been there for a while. :slight_smile:

That's all I can think of.

6. CyanChachki

I've tried stretching my ears, I got up to about a 10 gauge and I quit. It was too painful and as a result, I had to take out my second earring permanently and let it grow over because it kept getting infected after I stretched it out. With that being said, I might've done it completely wrong but I did what I was instructed to do by people who knew how to do it and had clearly done it before. If you really want to give it a try, I say go for it.. just make sure that you know what you're doing and that you are full aware that you're going to need surgery to close them up once you decide they're no longer fashionable.

7. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Blue-curious as to why you do not like silicone ear skins?

They are my best friends and all I wear now. However I am done stretching (thin ear lobes, have no more skin left to stretch) are you just against them during.stretching/healing time?

I keep mine in almost always. And silicone stink way less then any natural m or synthetic materials I used.

8. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am really interested in ear stretching, and when I am older I might stretch them. My mom says that it would make it harder for me to find a job. I will likely go into computer science. I feel that they already might not want to hire me because I'm a woman. What you you guys think? I wouldn't go higher than a 0g.

9. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm glad to see this thread, I was kinda thinking about stretching when I get back to Canada.

I'm curious about prices too? And what's a "thick" lobe compared to a "thin" lobe?