1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is Home?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Davey, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Davey

Its a question that has been asked many times by many people. Recently my best friend pondered what her home was and found it wasn't what she expected it to be. It lead me to think about it today also. And here is what I came up with:

Home is where I feel most at home. Home is where I can be completly myself and not have to hide any aspect of who I am. Home is not the building I am currently residing in. Home will never be the same place and will change often.

At his moment home is laying in bed with my best friend and boyfriend.

Where is your home?

2. Home is where the heart is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Home is where you can go for love a support. Home is where you feel like you belong, like you were meant to be there. Home is where you can be yourself.

I think home for me is this house, but not the people living in it. I feel comfortable in this building, and around my true friends, so if I had my friends here it would truly be home.

3. starfish

Home is the place where I keep all of my crap.

4. Paralyzer

I know this sounds cliche but I think home for me is on the road. I was trying to think about where I feel safest and most content with myself and the only thing I could picture was me driving. I also just like the feeling of the road if I'm sitting in the backseat while someone takes me somewhere. I don't really ever care where I'm going, but when I'm on the road I feel like I have a purpose of some sort.. or at least a priority. I also feel at home when I'm in bed with someone.. but that's a different story.

I don't know..

5. travelgirl

travelgirl Guest

Home is familiarity.

6. biisme

Home is where you want to be when you feel like shit. Home is comfort. Home is love. Home is where you are accepted for who you are. Home is where you are most relaxed.

7. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the most at home on a boat or flying (not air planes mind you, non powered aircraft), next most would be anywhere out of any city, then my closet at my mom's house, then my anywhere in grandparents house (but especially the front bedroom or Kevin's old room), then my room at my dad's, then at my best friends house...

8. Davey

:-D
    I like your responses and I'm kind of surprised people actually responded in the first place!

I like: "Home is Familiarity" I've thought that before.

9. mattypants

for moi, home would be the moments where i am and arent at the same time. essentialy its a time of space. blah. usually happens on my bed

10. Tim

Tim

Where I feel most content? In nature...

But I don't really have much nature around me :frowning2: I wanna move to the country :lol:

11. Amy

Amy

Exactly that.

It's a hard place to find, and I haven't yet.

12. Markio

Home is a place where you want to be, and not because you have to be there. A place you don't dread going. A place where, once there, you don't really fancy leaving.

My home is the South Bay of the Bay Area. I grew up here, and my friends are all from there. We have San Francisco, my high school, elementary school, the city, the beach. Being home for the holidays really cemented the notion that my friends from high school and I will keep definitely keep in touch. It makes me happy to just be around them.

My other home, while I'm at college, is not my room but possibly the library and my friend's room. In either case, I'm usually with a special group of older friends who took me in as one of their own. We study together, joke together, play with cats together; and whenever I walk her (one girl in particular) back to her apartment and I step inside for a few "moments", I dread having to say goodbye and go back to my own room.

I guess location doesn't matter as much as company.

13. Greggers

My Home is online in World of Warcraft with my friends who like me for my personality :slight_smile: It gets addicting to have friends who dont care about how you look!

14. musican

For me home is where I'm the most comfortable and I feel the most loved. For me, home is my friend's house or that same friend's grandma's house, whichever house she's at. When I'm having a bad day, it makes me feel better to be at either place, espcially when she's there.

I think my house could be my home if my dad didn't live here too.