1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resigned!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Swamp56, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

For anyone who has either heard me talk about my job, or knows someone in retail, then you might have heard how horrible it is lol.

I had a manager who insulted me deeply and also, when I was overwhelmed with things, told me to "fix it" and was constantly making fun of other people.

It came to a point where they were over scheduling me, and I finally couldn't take it. I called out due to a snow storm, and they called me in to the office the day after to yell at me, and I walked into the office, looked the main store manager in the face and said "two weeks" and walked out.

That was 2 weeks ago.

Today was my last day at my job, and that bitchy manager said "good luck" to me, as well as getting a hug from one of the coordinators, Alyssa :slight_smile: . Everyone said bye and one person made me "pound" their wrist xD .

While I will miss the employees who work there, I won't miss the wicked witch of the west, the general store manager :tantrum:.

2. Congrats. Have you found another job?

-.- The Wicked Witch of the West is amazing, okay? Don't insult her :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. thespanishheart

Good for you! You'll see ---- that with won't work there for much longer if turnover is bad.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Whats ' 2 weeks ' mean??

5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

It was me giving them my 2 weeks notice xD

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

o yeaaa is it when you have to work for 2 weeks before you can quit?

7. Tim

Tim

Yes, however, most companies have a grace period. If you choose to cut ties with the company within the first week, you do not require a 2 week notice.

That's why when I got a manager from hell, I quit in 2 days. And yes, it was in retail. She was just like your manager. Overscheduling me, (Yes, in 2 days. I had ~30 min of training, and BOOM 8 hour shift ALONE in a department. Get back the next day, ANOTHER 8 hour shift ALONE.) Trend continued the ENTIRE week, yes, she scheduled me for 56 hours in the first week. Which I didn't even know was freakin legal.

So yea, good job on standing up for yourself :grin:

8. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    what is retail
    ?
    sorry for my ignorance
    tell me ill tell you how to say teahcer in arabic xD

9. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Have you heard of Argos?? i think its like that

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I never had training, and i got shouted at on the 1st day! but now my supervisor treats me better i think its becuase i don't take him seriously lol, plus i talk to his wife anyway

11. Tim

Tim

By training I mean register training, had to teach me how to use the computer registers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Clothing stores and such.

13. biisme

well, congratulations for getting out of it!!!

14. Étoile

Congrats on getting out of that hell hole!(!)

I know how you feel, I work in retail and the managers can be super bitchy. We have so many people quitting that it's insane. We always manage to find someone to replace them. The Retail Cycle is such a headache.