1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone mistakenly thought someone was gay/bi or lesbian?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Closet Shut, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This has probably been brought up many times here.. but, Like.. um, you're talking to a guy/girl & you get that vibe that they may also be gay, lesbian or bi, but feel very embarrassed when they reply "huh"? or No for me this one time, it wasn't intentional.. they just seemed really engaged, & were also playful as well, I know that doesn't necessarily mean that person play's for the other team, but usually one's mind assumes depending on the conversation.

2. bookandquill

Out Status:
    A few people
    I listen to my gaydar in my mind, but I don't try to assume unless the other person says one way or another.

#2 bookandquill, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  3. Stevie of Sorts

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have yet to be wrong with my gaydar. It's less about what they look like, and more about what they say. Like, if they go silent when others talk about "hot guys", but their eyes light up when talking about cute girls. But I always find out from others. I'm always too shy to ask!

4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My gaydar desperately needs repaired. It's especially hard with girls, they're naturally more friendly so I have trouble telling when someone's flirting or not. I've been wrong a few times... :/

5. Well, not exactly like how you describe it, but back in 8th grade, I thought this one guy was gay considering how close and touchy-feeling he was with his bff (it's a guy). I didn't really care and fast forward four years later, I talked to him about it and he said that he's straight.

What really went down was that he's just very close with his best friend. LOL whoops.

6. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I assume that any feminine female I meet, not in a gay bar, is straight. It won't even cross my mind they could be until they blatantly say it or strongly hint it.

This all relates back to a mind-blowing gaydar malfunction a few years ago, so since most of the population is straight - I'll think that until told otherwise.

7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Nah, every time I've suspected I've been right.

8. meganj

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I find that life is weird this way. If they know you're gay/bi/pan, they tend to feel flattered. But, when they don't know about your sexuality, it can get a little weird. Initially, i think everyone has, at one point, thought that someone was gay/bi/pan, whether they asked them or not :lol: