1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photographers of EC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LakanLunti, Sep 13, 2015.

1. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, you doesnt need DSLR or any fancy pricey camera to be a photographer. As long you can take good pictures with acceptable quality (meaning contrast of colors are distinguishable and the subject is clearly seen) with your own camera.

To those EC members who are fond of taking pictures (I dont know if selfies count :lol:slight_smile::

~ What kind of camera do you use?
    - If using DSLR, manual or automatic?
    ~ What is/are the subject/s do you like to shoot? Why?
    ~ Share the best photo/s you have taken

2. Well, I usually take pictures with a DSLR. I like taking pictures of people, which is why I'm on my school's Humans of XX page as a photographer.

Can't really share them due to EC terms and conditions....

3. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1) Just a digital camera.
    2) What is DSLR?
    3) Weather. Or cityscapes.
    4) These ones (chosen from my EC gallery):

Attached Files:

#3 ThatBorussenGuy, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I photograph. My favorite kind of pictures is of natural structures or buildings and never of people. I antagonize my sister regularly for taking too many pictures of her children.

5. kem

kem

I don't think my camera is relevant, but I use a Nikon D7000. I shoot with a 35mm f/1.8 and a full-frame 50mm f/1.4.
    I shoot almost completely manually. I've been trying to make a habit out of using the program-, and shutter- and aperture-priority shooting modes, as well. Once you know the ropes, it's easier to let the camera do half the work for you. Most of the time, the end result is more important than how it was achieved.
    I like abstract photography, photographing people, nature, and things up close —*very close. I take a lot of snapshots too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Foz

Foz Guest

I have a Nikon D7000 and currently have the Nikon 16-85mm VR and Nikon 70-200 F4 which replace my Nikon 70-300 VR, Sigma 50mm F1.4 Art (the best lens money can buy, it is truly stunning) and the Nikon 20mm F2.8. I have 2 SB600 flashlights and an assortment of filters too. I was on the brink of buying Sigma's 150-600mm beast when Nikon announced a brand new 200-500mm lens which is constant F5.6 and £400 cheaper.

I need a new macro lens too, but I'm thinking of buying the D750 as a second body and a full frame means I can get the 16-35mm and really enjoy the bottom end of it. I shoot lots of things, but I save my contact details in the metadata so I can't share them here. But several of my pictures have been published in photography magazines so I am very good!

7. Hizaki

I have a Canon Rebel T3i, and honestly I'd recommend it to anyone (although of course there are even better cameras). I have a zoom, zoom telephoto, and a cheap macro+wide angle lens combo.

I tend to use aperture or shutter priority, although I think starting only manual taught me a lot.

My favourite subjects are people, especially for headshots. Still, I haven't had much practice with them and can't post the ones I do have on EC. I also like forest photos, and anything I can use a gratuitous amount of depth of field-exaggerating.

You can see some of my older good photos in my profile.

8. Antinous

Hey fellow photogs!

I have 2 main cameras: Pentax K-5 (DSLR) and Lumix GM1 (tiny micro four thirds mirrorless). I used to carry my big K-5 everywhere (program mode or aperture priority), but eventually I got the GM1 as a travel camera, and honestly, it takes such great quality pictures I usually opt for its convenience now. The GM1 even lets me do manual focus easily with pixel "peaking" on the LCD.

For each camera, I have a walkaround zoom (wide to mid-tele), a standard-ish fast prime, and a proper telephoto zoom (up to 300mm). I rarely go anywhere scenic without at least 2 lenses in my bag.

I enjoy taking landscape shots, as well as telephoto/macro of natural subjects like birds, animals and plants/flowers. I also quite enjoy being self-appointed photographer for social and family events. Others seem to really appreciate the quality of the people pics I take :icon_bigg

What do you guys think of APSC/full frame vs going completely mirrorless? For a long time I thought I would never give up a DSLR, but now I can actually imagine a time when I shift completely to micro fourthrids (I wasn't paid by Olympus/Panasonic to say that!)

9. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, it's nice hearing from you fellow photographers! Hi!

I am using a Nikon D3200 with only a kit lens (Nikon 18-55mm), and wishing I have a macro lens and a zoom lens. When in an event, I use automatic for quick capturing. But when my subject is stationary or at least does not move a lot, I go on manual. I preferably want to use manual because it gives me the ability to create creative shots (my favorite is when the foreground and background is blurred and the subject is sharp).

I like animal photography. Plants and nature photography is fun but animal photography just really interests and challenges me. I am also fond of taking stolen shots of people. One reason of it is because I like seeing the real reactions of people in still images, another reason is because some faces are hilarious when in still image :lol:

Here are some of my best animal photos:

Peacock:
    [​IMG]
    Spider:
    [​IMG]
    Starfish:
    [​IMG]
    Hornbill:
    [​IMG]
    Albino Python:
    [​IMG]

10. kem

kem

The one with the hornbill is spectacular!

#10 kem, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  11. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love the one of the python! I love snakes. Wouldn't mind owning one (something significantly smaller than a python, though).

I feel like the dork in this thread. Everyone else knows exactly what kind of camera they use, and I'm the dork who can't describe his beyond "it's a digital camera". :roflmao:

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not a photographer but I could be if you wanted me too.

13. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a good help for those who are just starting using the DSLR :slight_smile:
    [​IMG]

14. UniqueJourney

As an admirer, I love nature photography. But the photographs I take myself are usually macro shots. I particularly like rust and other aged and worn textures. Old bridges, beams of light coming through the trees, and random shots of the people I love are some other subjects that I enjoy.

15. Chairman2012

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've got a Nikon D3300. Pictures of animals, nature, manmade and natural structures are my personal favorite to take. The only time I'll take pictures of people is in a candid (I can't stand staged shots they aren't authentic enough for me).

16. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

1) I have a Nikon D3200 with the standard lens (18-55mm) same as you. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I want more lens. A macro & optical zoom (fit to take pictures of the moon) would be ideal.

I use my camera on manual because that's how I learned on my own through the basics with the help of the photography class I took in high school.
    :slight_smile:

2) I like, motion, black & white, portraits, candids, depth of field, landscape/nature, animals, abstract, composition, time lapse, weather (rain, storms), etc.

Why? It's just awesome to take pictures. :lol:

3) My photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do like taking pics but I'm no good at it hence my rubbish albums

18. CakeCore

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I prefer analogue Photography. The cameras I use the most are a Seagull 4A, a Rolleiflex Slr and a Canonett 28. I recently got myself a Contax FB but I haven't tried it out yet.

Most of the time, I do street photography, just taking pictures of random people. I also shoot pictures of abandoned buildings, when I get the chance to.

I can't upload any pictures right now as I'm writing this on my mobile. But I could do that later on if there's some interest

19. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure I'd consider myself a photographer but it's something I enjoy doing in my spare time. Mostly photos of nature/urban settings. Haven't done any people yet. I have a Samsung WB100 that I received for Christmas about 3-4 years ago.

Two examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was actually tempted to enroll in some photography courses but I haven't used my camera in over a year so it's definitely not something I do with any degree of frequency.

#19 imnotreallysure, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  20. Ivy Iris

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. I have a Canon EOS 400D. I am not particularly fond of it, because it makes a lot of noise, but it does its job just fine so I am not going to change it too soon.

2. I prefer manual. This way I can be in charge of pretty much everything and, although it takes a bit of time and patience, the photos do seem to look better than in automatic.

3. I photograph pretty much everything. It all depends on my mood to be honest. I enjoy cityscapes, street photography, nature photography, weather, macro, abstract. Pretty much everything.

Attached Files: