1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uni choices!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DangerousDan, Sep 14, 2015.

1. DangerousDan

DangerousDan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This question really goes out to those that have studied in the UK and whilst I am doing my own research I would like to see the opinions of people on this website.

Essentially the question is: what uni's in GB have a strong pro-LGBT+ community?

I have predicted grades of 4 A's at A2 and I am looking to go into a subject like molbio, although it did take me repeating year 12 to get to that stage which will likely have an impact on the options open to myself.

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Whilst I have decided not to go to uni just yet, I did visit a few whilst making up my mind. In my experience, the more urban the area, the more likely it is to be LGBT+ friendly. Bristol, for example, seemed LGBT+-friendly and had a large lgbt community. However, this isn't always the case, just a trend I think I saw.
    Have you checked out the Stonewall University Guide? That's a pretty good basic starting place.

Molbio - interesting and quite competitive from what I've heard.

#2 Connorcode, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015