1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends thinking you are into them ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lin1, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So today I casually mentioned to one of my (female) friend that I was bisexual and her reply was along the lines of '' When did that happen and is it because of me ? Because if that's the case I am sorry but I am straight '' kind of thing.

so for a little of back story : We hooked up a couple of times a few months ago for fun, she did kinda of spark an interest in me but obviously 'didn't turn me bi'.
    I wasn't offended by her message at all, more surprised that she thought she had turned me into a bisexual chick and that she was so ''shocked'' when she knew I had had experience with chicks long before her. But oh well.

I don't really want advices here as I have sent her a message explaining to her that it had nothing to do with her (obviously) and that I simply consider her a friend so we should be fine, but I was curious to hear if other people on here had to face their friends thinking they were into them and how you guys reacted to it ? ( surprised/offended/amused) and how things unfolded for you ? ( are you still in touch/ close etc...)
    I love her as a friend and would feel a bit miffed to lose her over this but well...
    I am just curious to hear your personal stories regarding this as I know a lot of gay/lesbian/and bi people complain about being asked all the time by their friend if they 'find them attractive' and so on, so yep, share your stories ! (!)

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Not quite.
    I told a friend that I'm gay... and she was into me, it turned out. She was a bit pissed off.

3. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, the very few people I came out.to when I was much younger had an almost identical reaction, which is why I stopped telling people entirely. A couple of them, I laughed and said absolutely not, or I am not at all romantically interested in you, or something similar and said.I just felt.I could be open with them.

I do not keep in contact with them anymore, I'd say thru no fault of their own. And I dont keep friends anymore, especially not female ones as I worry they will automatically assume I want them or something (even tho no one in my personal life besides my husband knows my girl attraction)

4. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ebda30, I am sorry to hear and saddened to see that you've chosen not to mention your bisexuality anymore in fear of getting such a response.
    To be fair I have been pretty luck has she's been the first girl who's reacted this way all of my friends were very supportive and didn't question at all my feelings for them and our friendship. If all my female friends had reacted like yours though, I am sure I would have been reluctant to keep coming out and probably would have kept to myself so I see where you are coming from... :icon_sad:

5. tentacles

When I came out to two female friends two years ago, one of them said "it's okay as long as you don't hit on me". I just answered "do you say that to all the straight guys you are not interested in?".

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It could happen. I'm notorious for unintentionally flirting with everyone.

7. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's actually a very cool comeback! I would be rather offended if girls expected me to hit on all of them just because I am not 'entirely straight'.