1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share your Pride experiences!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by heyKittie, Sep 14, 2015.

1. heyKittie

I am going to my first Pride next month, and I was wondering what it is like. I would love to hear what goes on there. Feel free to share your stories and experiences at Pride! :icon_bigg thanks!

2. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's so much fun! Mine was very diverse and I met tons of cool people and got lots of buttons and yeah!!

3. the haunted

I've been to a few Prides and they've all been a good time. At the ones I've been to there are a bunch of LGBT+ support booths, little shop tents, food and beverage booths, rock wall, mechanical bull, music performances, drag show. It really just depends on the city. You could probably look it up and see what is all at your location :slight_smile:

4. guitar

I've only been to one pride, which was in my hometown. It sort of felt like your average town fair, but with a lot more gay people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The parade was a lot of fun - if you haven't done so before, I would recommend marching if you can find a group to meet up with. I had a lot fun going around the festival after the parade and getting to talk with a lot of like-minded people. If nightlife is your thing, the after parties can be a blast as well. This is probably the best time of year to get to meet fellow LGBT people :slight_smile:

5. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've only been to Pride twice, once in Bristol and once in London. Bristol doesn't count because it was kind of the...pre-Pride, rather than the main event, but London was a really great experience (if you count out that it was the height of summer and we were all melting, haha). It's kind of surreal to be surrounded by so many other LGBT people at once, but in a good way. It's nice to not feel like the exact opposite of the only gay person in the area, haha. And the show at the end of the parade day was so much fun.

I'm ridiculously shy so I didn't really meet any new people, apart from some folks the friends I went to Pride with already knew, but I imagine for the more outgoing it's an amazing opportunity to connect with people!

#5 Oddsocks, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015