1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your opinion on North Korea?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eye Shine, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Eye Shine

I know the majority of Americans and obviously the South Koreans hate North Korea but what about the other countries. I don't really have any idea what the perspective of the rest of the world thinks on North Korea.

I personally think North Korea is led by wack job and is an evil person for starving his people. It seems very miserable and inhumane over there and that's why I don't like them. They are also annoying spouting about how they have all these nukes like it's some kind of toy.

What do you guys think of this country?

2. SonicBoom

I find North Korea odd and yet mysterious.

North Korea politics and human rights record is atrocious

3. Kat 5

Kim Jong Un. I want to hurt him. Every time he says 'I can nuke you,' I just want to 360 no-scope his ass into orbit.
    His people? They're cool as long as they aren't his military.

---------- Post added 16th Sep 2015 at 05:24 AM ----------

Not to mention how he's treating his people. Ugh.

4. Formality

I've read two books written by people who have fled the regime and I mean it's like you'd imagine a state run by lunatics to be. Starvation, terror, oppression, torture. Iguess you could say kim jong un is holding these 22 million people as hostages. It's a real shame that so many people have to suffer because this crazy regime with it's leaders jut won't give up even when there's not enough food for the people to survive. I'm honestly surprised such a state has endured for such a long time.

#4 Formality, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Find a night-time satellite image of the two Koreas, the North is completely dark, you can actually easily delineate that country's borders by the contrasts between light and dark, it is the ultimate physical correlate to the metaphorical heart of darkness that is North Korea.

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Indeed. Like how? ._.

In general, I've heard some bad things about NK so I assume it isn't that great.
    But what I think of it, mostly, is... well, nothing much. I don't know much, and there just doesn't seem to be much data on NK available at all. So there isn't much on which to form an opinion. The Head of State is thugish and there are stories of people having fled the country, explaining things that have happened to them and how it isn't only them personally... there is some data, but so little. NK is a mystery...

On another note: Kim Jong-un attended the same high school program that I did; that is, the IB (International Baccalaureate Diploma Program).

7. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    A poor and isolated country led by a family that managed to create a totalitarian state in order to explore their people.

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was surprised to discover they had more lenient laws in regards to cannabis than their southern counterparts.

Don't know too much about it, honestly, but am also wondering how it's managed to survive so long. Just imagine the potential if the two Koreas united like East and West Germany.

Anyway, it has to be pretty bad if people are fleeing to China, which doesn't have the greatest human rights track record or standard of living!

9. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've got nothing against North Korea. Kim Jong Un, however, is an absolute lunatic. North Koreans can't help the fact that their leader is insane.

#9 ThatBorussenGuy, Sep 16, 2015
  10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aye yi yi!

11. lemons123

Are there people who actually LIKE North Korea?

I'd imagine asking about something more "blurry" not too-well-known in the West like say: Hungary, Poland, Belarus, but seriously North Korea 0_0

By the way - I am against their crazy leader and government and not against those 40+ million oppressed people of course.

#11 lemons123, Sep 16, 2015
  12. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

North Korea.. absolutely cannot last the way it is in the long term, you know? They're like a ticking time bomb, biding their time, ready to go off at any moment. The soviets had enough common sense to understand and fear the consequences of a nuclear war but what about a country who's leadership is batshit crazy enough to outright not give a fuck? And everyone considers them as a joke but that's exactly what makes them dangerous. While the US may not be directly in their line of fire, it's important to remember that other countries like South Korea and Japan are. And the Korean War.. it's still ongoing, you know? It's nothing but a cease fire that amazingly lasted for 60 years, and it's no secret that North Korea quite literally considers itself at war right now with it's most hated enemies the South and the United States. Given all of that, is it realistic to expect them to lie dormant in their cave until the end of time? No.. I have a bad feeling that something really terrible is going to happen, within the next 100 years, because of North Korea.

13. timo

Okay, let me start by making clear that I, in no way, like the way this country is being led and feel seriously bad for people living there. Even though they're so brainwashed they don't know any better.

Having said that - I really want to visit North Korea some day. Preferably some day soon, when this regime is still in place. There's something mysteriously fascinating about this country which I want to see with my own eyes.

14. Jellal

Good for inspiring political commentary ... and that's about it.
    In every other sense imaginable it has to be one of the scariest places to live on this earth.

#14 Jellal, Sep 16, 2015
  15. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Strangely, there are people who like the North Korean leadership. Like Dennis Rodman here.
    [​IMG]
    My opinion is that people should do research before they blindly agree to anything, for that matter.

16. FootballFan101

17. Formality

I highly recommend you read the book "Escape From Camp 14" (Flykten Från Läger 14). The book is about a boy that was born inside a prison work camp in North korea, his life inside the camp and also about how he managed to escape the country.

I was shocked by what I read. It's so insane it's hard to imagine that people are actually treated like how he describes it. I think this is one of those books you just have to read to fully understand the dreadfulness of the Kim dynasty's tyranny.

#18 Formality, Sep 16, 2015
  18. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    North Korea is best Korea

19. Ashley2103

Don't care/envies Kim Jong-un