1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for a Project?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, Sep 17, 2015.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Hey everyone! So for school this year I have to do a year-long project about a topic of my choice. It has to be something that I could come up with a proposed product or solution for. Anyway I'm tooootally stuck on ideas and my proposal's due soon!:eek:
    I was just wondering if you guys had any ideas? Even something related to LGBT+ people and how society views us, or something totally different.
    Some other ideas I was thinking of:
    Environmental Problems/Conserving medicinal plants
    Cultural studies of some sort
    Saving some species in my state
    Plant hormonal communication
    social impacts on subconscious thinking

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks guys!:smilewave

Oh by the way, it should be something that would require lots of research and/or experimentation.

#1 bubbles123, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  2. Lyana

We have to do something similar in my uni, and I know years back someone wrote a sort of guide to being LGBT+ in [name of school]. Could be a Coming Out guide, or more broad. You could print it out, and with a nice layout, colors, and pictures, it could be very interesting. In high school, the stuff you have to say might be limited if you're not out or if the school doesn't have a GSA, but you could do it for [name of city].

Or film something. Again, at my uni, we had to film documentaries and one group (okay, okay, my group) chose to interview members of an organization which fights against homophobia. If you know any LGBT people, you could "interview" them (and record them with their permission!), asking questions about what struggles they've faced, what kind of advice they would give. You could also ask random people what they thought about LGBT people, and if they think homophobia is still an issue in 2015, etc, etc.
    Now, making a documentary (planning, outlining, filming, recording sound, editing, editing, editing, editing) is a lot of work, but you can make something great.

That's all that comes to mind. I hope you'll find something you're passionate about and will like working on for the whole year:

3. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What subjects are you interested in and passionate about? This is the advice my thesis professor gave me in thinking of a topic of my thesis; "Choose a topic/subject that you are willing to finish even if you failed." Hope it will work for you! Though, from the topics you have given, I can sense that you are into environment conservation. That's GREAT <3! Good luck bubbles123!

Here are some of my suggestions for you:
    ~ Difference and similarities of LGBT+ people in different culture/country (you can utilize EC in this one)
    ~ Psychological impacts/effects of suicides from family member/close friends
    ~ Effects of pet dog/cat on the study habit of a student

Also, remember to be SMART in choosing a topic:
    S pecific
    M easurable
    A chievable
    R elevant
    T imely

And if you need further help, dont hesitate to contact me :grin:

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Those sound like great ideas!:slight_smile: Maybe I'll post an update on here once I decide.